What do you think of this then?

Would have been great if the lad had thrown the best 18th birthday party ever instead. Could have stood on the door handing bottles of single malt out to people as they walked in

40k for a house is pretty cheap

3 Likes

Fair enough to him

1 Like

‘Quirky’

1 Like

Good foresight/luck from the dad

It’s relatively common (in Scotland) to give a male child a barrel of whisky when they’re born for this purpose.

4 Likes

Should have got him shares in Tik Tok instead and then he could buy an influencer house…

18 Likes

a barrel?!

I’m guessing that the barrel stays at the distillery. Or do you just have a big barrel in the garage?

My mate’s Dad has a cupboard of vintage whisky. Apparently people have been buying it for him for years not realizing that he doesn’t like the stuff. The bottles from the '80s are worth quite a bit now apparently

1 Like

Every Scottish house has a second basement for a personal distillery and obv for a cage for the haggis when they play up

5 Likes

Will be irked if anyone tries to defend the temperament of haggis too - I’m aware having two legs shorter than the others would make anyone angry but they milk it

2 Likes

I really respect the annual lack of creativity in the present giving. 10/10

11 Likes

No idea tbh, just heard of it being a thing. I presume it’s the former.

Is that what your secret cubby hole is really for

Should never have imported them - hey go straight through the electrical wiring if they’re bored

I just admire the lad’s resolve. If I was sitting on 28 bottles of 18 yo Macallan there’s no way I wouldn’t have cracked them all open.

2 Likes

Don’t be silly.

I actually didn’t see the bit where the Dad says that he got him other presents.

Was just imagining the Dad presenting him with a bottle of rare malt when he really wanted Lego.

5 Likes

Actually Lego would probably be worth more these days

actually quite into this idea BUT

so

2 Likes