What do you use...

…to peel potatoes?

• Knife
  • Peeler

0 voters

Never peeled one

3 Likes

It’s too fiddly a job, so I don’t do it. I boil them and mash 'em with the skins on normally.

6 Likes

Good grips y shaped peeler is one of the biggest life improvers available for under a tenner imo

2 Likes

^this

• Y shaped peeler, branded
  • Y shaped peeler, unbranded
  • straight peeler (not sure what you’d call these), branded
  • straight peeler (not sure what you’d call these), unbranded

0 voters

I prefer to use a knife as I have mad skillz from peeling so many potatoes while I was in the Scouts.

This post paid for by PROF$.

1 Like

Quite enjoy peeling - find it calming.

I mean not like doing kilos of potatoes but something satisfying about doing an all in one peel.

I use a Santoku knife and don’t waste a lot. Can’t get on with peelers cause they’re biased against the left-handed.

2 Likes

nope nope nope

I can’t peel.

I also have left hand issues along with just hatred of doing it.

1 Like

Aren’t most of them double sided for exactly this reason? Ours is symmetrical

I used to hate using a straight peeler, but I don’t mind a y-shaped one. Left-hander here.

On cooking shows they always do peeling away in short exaggerated fast motions like it’s really fast but that’s just inefficient.

1 Like

If I get you in secret santa then a good grips will be on its way to Cornwall

No idea, don’t own one. When I’ve used them before they’ve always been one sided.

Are we doing secret santa this year? If I get you then I’ll respond with a signed Southend shirt.

Handy if there’s another loo roll shortage

2 Likes

Yeoooo :ireland:

:wink:

3 Likes

All about the knife for peeling, mostly because I’m lazy and don’t like to change tools in the middle of cooking too much, but as a result my methodology is well-practised and my wastage is minimal.