What Films Have You Been Watching? December 2021

Odeon not showing Licorice Pizza, Titane or The Humans despite advertising all of them. Limitless card proving useless at this point.

1 Like

What’s your favourite Tom Cruise film? Thinking about watching one tonight. Maybe go for Cocktail, or Risky Business. Think it needs to be peak 80s.

Collateral, probably.

Colour Of Money and Mission Impossible: Fallout are the pick of the rest, imho.

2 Likes

Going Clear

1 Like

Dont think i’ve seen this :thinking: could be a goer.

1 Like

So confusing that they’re in their app and Covent Garden has posters for them. Some of the big multiplexes like Surrey Quays have been showing only 3 films too. Panton St barely showing arthouse either. Feel like I am not getting good value anymore when I have to book so many films elsewhere.

1 Like

Yeah, just finished it. Absolutely excellent

1 Like

Broke my heart

2 Likes

So definitely worth a watch before submitting my top 10 of the year?

1 Like

I think its incredible

2 Likes

Cheers. I was “hoping” it was shit so I can submit my top 10. My number one is easy. But there’s about 15 - 20 films that could make my 2 to 10 spots.

1 Like

House Of Gucci is a perfectly serviceable TV movie wrapped up in some of the worst Italian accents I’ve ever heard.

3 Likes

Just watched it. It’s superb. The feeling of dread that it generates is quite something.

1 Like

I love the feeling of dread, hope, sadness, optimism it elicits. Proper old school european drama feels, so good

Don’t Look Up was good, shiny, funny in parts - satire not as razor sharp in places as I hoped hey ho (some of the social media satire was cringe in a dad sort of way). The acting talent carried it a long way.

Needed a pre middle aged Charlie Brooker somehow.

6/10

3 Likes

gonna assume you’ve seen The Hustler (10/10) - Color Of Money is a worthy sequel for sure

2 Likes

I havent, will check it. I did however watch:

Cocktail
Really quite bad. Was not expecting half the film to take place in jamaica, or really most of what happened tbh. Bizarre. 4/10

Risky Business
A good bit better and quite funny in places but hardly a classic. 7/10

A Few Good Men
Just absolutely love this, dunno why. Usually hate Sorkin but it’s so good. 9/10

War of the Worlds
Expected to turn this off after a short while but got suckered in by the opening invasion. Diminishing returns after that. 6/10

Next up: kiefer sutherland marathon.

2 Likes

Don’t look up would be so shit if it wasn’t for the cast. Cast is great though. 2/5

1 Like

@moderators can this be locked pls.

New thread

1 Like