What Films You Watching? January 2023 🎞️🎥🎞️

They’re all some of the good stuff in the film!

haha no way, felt like i was watching The Room at some points. like i get that it’s trying to be all winking at the audience, it’s almost like slapstick black mirror, but it’s so fucking clunky. i did like that it went a bit robot evil dead at the end though.

1 Like

Posession is so fucking weird

1 Like

didn’t really think it was as good as all the plaudits. then again i don’t think sam neill really nails a horror film until Event Horizon tbh

1 Like

Megan is better than Evil Dead

1 Like

i thought we were friends

2 Likes

Watched an hour of Cronenberg’s Crash last night before gf asked to turn it off :smiley:

Gonna watch the rest at some point this weekend. Was enjoying more than I did last time I watched it!

2 Likes

I do like the idea of using M3gan as the new barometer for reviewing films

M3gan is better than Star Wars The Phantom Menace
M3gan is worse than Apocalypse Now

I’ll make sure to use the M3gan scal3 for all future reviews. =P

2 Likes

I’m a trendsetter, finally!

1 Like

Really fancy watching the Batista movie

2 Likes

All the Beauty and The Bloodshed was a really beautiful look at pain and how we use pain to change the world around us. Nan Goldin is such a cool lady.

3 Likes

Did you see this at the cinema or elsewhere? Desperate to see it but the nearest place is hours away.

cinema

Booked for next Sat lunchtime at The Garden Cinema - don’t know much about the subject or story only that it is highly recommended.

Someone please recommend me an excellent comedy available on netflix UK or somewhere free immediately. Short precis welcomed.

About Time with Bill Nighy and Domhnall Gleeson?

Good Boys

1 Like

Oh its not on anymore. The Guard

1 Like

Ah, shame. As someone who lives in the middle of nowhere I’m really starting to notice the lack of simultaneous releases now (possibly the only good thing that came out of lockdown for me).

Oh yeah, someone in the cinema for ATBATB clapped with excitement after the trailer for Marcel the Shell with Shoes On. A rather sweet moment.

1 Like