what food item is most worth spending a bit more on?

Of course not everybody has the luxury but what will you definitely spend a bit more than minimum on to get a better quality?

I would say bread is no.1 for me. Cheap bread is quite miserable, well worth spending an extra 50p-£1 for a nicer loaf if you can.

13 Likes

Tinned tomatoes

12 Likes

Kitchen roll

2 Likes

What do you have it with?

5 Likes

interesting, wouldn’t have imagined there was a difference

Ham.

The cheap reconstituted slices are really grim.

11 Likes

Oops

2 Likes

I like fancy toilet roll. Spent years buying the second cheapest one (not the sandpaper stuff), then my housemate bought a pack of soft ones which smelt of buttermilk. Well worth the extra 7p a roll.

6 Likes

Before or after?

6 Likes

Pasta

5 Likes

never considered this thought pasta was like one of the primary ingredients like salt

wait…maybe you can buy expensive salt

Fizzy pop. Own brand coke is shite

3 Likes

Some people will say it’s important to buy more expensive salt too but I’m not old enough to care about that kind of thing

Yet

2 Likes

Chorizo. Hate the cheap stuff.

This post paid for by PROF$.

3 Likes

Meat. Eggs. Bread.

3 Likes

least important?

Cereal. None of it really tastes nice anyway so just buy the cheap stuff and chop some fruit into it

5 Likes

I buy more expensive dairy products to feel better about eating them. Like pasture raised eggs, grass fed milk etc.

8 Likes

expensive tinned tomatoes are a con. lots of dark money in trying to get people to spend big when you don’t need to

I think @1010101010 might have had some thoughts on this too. I just think if people cooked their cheap tomatoes longer they’ll be happy enough

7 Likes

Good use of the old PROF$ there

7 Likes