What gigs you got upcoming?

Shame, I’m certainly intrigued but ok :wink:

1 Like

In very brief, I find them to be a route one box ticking “noisy” band. Only seen them twice, but they made my piss fizz both times. Didn’t seem to have a song, or a riff, but did have a big lad up front with some earnest chat about “the scene”. And some kooky members with chunky specs. And, woah, you have to see the live show, because he goes, wait for it, into the crowd and has a walk about, i.e. the easiest way to win over an audience, rather than, say, being good. Seemed to have a wildly under developed sense of humour too.

Keep it.

(there is a chance that this is all due to unfortunate timing on their part, as the first time I saw them was at an ATP, and it was really late and I was ready for a big sleep, and the second they were on after Metz at the exact point I believed that Metz were the best band in the world so no one stood a chance).

(couldn’t resist, soz)

1 Like

Hahaha that is some strong irrational hate game. I mean I obviously completely disagree with you, they’re pretty much my favourite band, but I enjoyed reading it all the same.

Important distinction though, they are a punk band who came from the Toronto Scene and have got progressively more influenced by psychedelic rock than a “noise” band… but I dunno if it’s worth me saying any more :joy:

1 Like

None of my views remotely stand up to any sort of due diligence!

1 Like

Let’s Eat Grandma @ Heaven in September
U.S. Girls @ Islington Assembly Hall in November

That’s it for now. Hoping that Slowdive will announce a headline show in December, seeing as they’re supporting The War on Drugs around that time.

Haven’t been to a show since RP Boo in April!

September: The Chills (touring new album)
September: Bailter Space (noisy Flying Nun band from the 1980s - “NZ’s Sonic Youth”)
November: David Byrne oh fuck he sold out already four months in advance :frowning:

considering Courtney Barnett and maybe Suzanne Vega in August/September.

Definitely…

28/9 - John Prine @ Ohio Theatre, Columbus, Ohio

8/10 - Gillian Welch @ The Taft, Cincinnati, Ohio

Maybes…

Yo La Tengo
Interpol
The Decemberists
Jennifer Knapp (no idea who this is… being drag along by Mrs PB)
Gruff Rhys
Fleetwood Mac

My issue with the Bristol Academy is that it is always dangerously rammed. As in if you are at the back, you physically cannot see and you cannot squeeze past people or round the sides. Beer and the bar are shit, but that is standard in lots of places.

Sound is fine though.

BRMC at the Forum tomorrow, also really hoping that Mogwai add a London date to their tour later in the year, as I missed them at the RFH in June.

Didn’t know Bailter Space were touring. Cheers, I’ll look into their dates.

1 Like

Think it’s only NZ dates for Bailter Space

September

GZA @ SWX Bristol
Shannon and the Clams@ Fleece

October

King Brothers (super spazzy garage punk on In the Red records) @ Bristol Lanes
Melvins @ Cardiff Uni
Will Haven@ Bristol Tunnels
Nashville Pussy @ Cardiff Globe

December

Buffalo Tom @ Fleece

Fucked Up
Hot Snakes
Parquet Courts
Conan + Conjurer

A limited run so far for the back end of 2018, but some crackers.

1 Like

And I forgot Mew.

Melvins are doing the Exchange in Bristol, only saw it announced yesterday, tickets on sale this morning. Probably sold out by now. I was tempted but I saw them there last time and they’ll probably be back (they know the owner or something?).

all in leeds - I intend to go to all of the following

earthless
ata kak
deerhoof
follakzoid
screaming females
Dylan Carlson
mitski
death grips - this one is in mancs
deafheaven
yob / weigedood
bo ningen
dead meadow
conan / conjuror
factory floor
mogwai
the rebel
zeal & ardour
nothing

probably going to be more and I’ll miss a few as is natural. Maybe damnation if they announce anything I recognise

Kelly Lee Owens @ Village Underground in November

August:
Glassjaw - London
Reading Festival

September:
Janelle Monae - London
Why? - London
Red Kite - Reading (depending of if we’re back from holiday, if we go on holiday)

October:
The Black Queen - Bristol
Los Camps - London
Coheed and Cambria - London
Mew - London

December:
Nothing - London

February:
Death Cab For Cutie - London

Shows are finally starting to stack up:

September:

Wolf Eyes - Café Oto