What gigs you got upcoming?

Haha, that’s amazing! Did he actually enjoy it?! I wanna be one of those Dad’s but I think I’ll be too cantankerous to pull it off!

My dad came to see The Lemonheads with me back in '93 because he didn’t trust me and my mate to look after my little sister. TBF, he had a point and he still goes on about it to this day.

I’m one of those selfish parents who has desperately managed to cling on his youth and is lucky enough to have babysitters on tap.

2 Likes

Amen to that :raised_hands:

1 Like

It was a long time ago, but I remember him saying he did. All I really remember about him was that he was Ghanian and was quite into reggae. We went down the front and chilled at the back with a beer.

Free babysitters though? 'Cos this RTJ gig will end up costing me about £120. I tend just to go without the other half these days.

Well, I do that a lot anyway. In fact, the missus is only actually joining me for two of the ones I have listed above. But yeah, when we both want to go, my mum actually loves looking after them. Not that they need much looking after at 9 and 12.

I’m ditching the missus for Run The Jewels, EMA and Black Angels. Weekend gigs when we both go out, my mum will always babysit. Midweek gigs where we need to get a paid for babysitter - it has to be something we REALLY want to see…

My babysitting budget is going on Micah P Hinson (Oxford), Ben Frost (London), Shellac (Bristol), Matthew E White (Reading), and Nils Frahm (Bristol). Feels like a quiet time for shows I want to go to at the moment, good for the budget anyway.

The Black Angels
Mark McGuire
Snapped Ankles
Thee MVPs
Flat Worms
St Vincent
The Dream Syndicate x 5
Le Guess Who

Just added Nick Cave next Weds and Jane weaver in Nov to my list.

Got a run of Jane Weaver, Out Lines and Big Thief on consecutive nights in Nov now, should be good.

Shabazz Palaces
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
De La Soul
Zola Jesus
Bicep

Here’s one I’m going to in London this Thursday.

And this one on Friday…

Decided to skip The Decemberists and spend my money on D’Angelo tickets instead. I hope he turns up.

Hopefully Sophie next week. Dream Wife week after. Hookworms maybe.

Maybe Pokey LaFarge
Hookworms
Gomez
All Points East Festival
LCD Soundystem
David Byrne

I’ve loads in total. Not bragging but that’s where my money goes on. Relatively soon I’ve got:

Next week is Keep Shelly In Athens, Cupcakke and Belle and Sebastian. The week after Tune-yards and Dream Wife. Brigid Mae Power the week after that.

4 Likes

Julien Baker on saturday who i am looking forward to (B&S after, not so much)
Myrkur at the Hare in April
Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs at the Hare in April
Protomartyr at mama Roux

Maybe supersonic (but it’s lost a bit of its magic so dunno) and maybe The Ex doing the kids supersonic also.

Nothing more this month.
Next month looks like this so far:
Arcade Fire
Mercury Rev
Nada Surf