What holibobs you got upcoming? šŸš šŸš¢ āœˆ

Holibobs - thatā€™s a fun, jaunty word isnā€™t it?

We are now fully ensconced in the tyranny of school holidays so need to plan any trips to the Nth degree. As such, using every available non school period to get away for the rest of the year.

October - off to Greece for a week. Small village on one of the Ionian Islands out of season so should be quiet. Hoping the weather holds up.

November - Dortmund for a long weekend (school Inset day on the Friday). Eldestā€™s school does German immersion from day one so keen to get her somewhere where she can practice her mad language skills. Dirt cheap to go to Dortmund in November perhaps unsurprisingly - the kidsā€™ flights out were Ā£7 each. Anyone got any Dortmund tips?

December - off to Bruges for Christmas :grinning: It will be like a fairytale natch. Hate most elements of Christmas, but actually excited about being out of the country for it this year.

What have you guys got? Please let me live vicariously through your mega foreign trips please :+1:

N/A

Off to Biarritz this week.

Thatā€™s it. Got a bunch of work travel in October and November so I cba with anything else.

Next Saturday Iā€™m off to Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan and Turkey
Still need to bookā€¦ any accomodation at all

6 Likes

PRAY FOR RUFFLES :no_mouth:

Off to Mallorca next week, canny fucking wait

Iā€™m doing it on Mnoday
yep

1 Like

Off to CentreParcs in two weeks.

Think we might see if we can go to one of Copenhagen or Budapest next year.

Itā€™s on my list of things to discuss this weekend.

Still hunting for a song called ā€˜going to azerbaijanā€™ brb

1 Like

Bloody love that song

1 Like

Sicily in October. This is the view from the villa, Etna in the background :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Week off in October to sit around make music, play videogames and eat biscuits

Off to London for the weekend in November (anyone wanna go up the Oxo tower?)

Iceland in February. Portugal in May.

1 Like

You know what book has some really good sections set in Budapest - this oneā€¦

Histroian

1 Like

None currently.

Got dangerously close to pulling the trigger on a Dortmund Bayern ticket on Viagogo and booking a cheap flight the other day but it wouldnā€™t have been anything even approaching a sensible decision so I didnā€™t.

Campervan in Eskdale for a weekend in the middle of October.

Some kind of swank wigwam for a weekend in November. Know nowt about it really, wifeā€™s friends organising.

Greece and Scotland next summer.

Try to get away for a night or two in the van as and when.

Really wanna go to Dortmund - Schalke at either ground (and stay somewhere nearby but better like Dusseldorf of Koln). Probably wonā€™t be this season though

2 Likes

Might see if I can see some Beşiktaş or Fenerbache actually

1 Like

off to mallorca next year

on a bicycle

maybe

3 Likes

Get to see Ryan Babel IN THE FLESH

2 Likes