What is the best Best Of/Greatest Hits album?

Probably Abba Gold I guess, or maybe Part Lies, Part Heart, Part Truth, Part Garbage…

5 Likes

I’m really really sorry to do this but the Smashing Pumpkins one is good - but I suppose when you’ve written about 38203 songs, around 20 have to be somewhat good

16 Likes

It’s certainly the only album of theirs I’ve ever bought.

1 Like

Fucking Hell, probably the quickest I’ll ever have to mute any thread.

This post paid for by PROF$.

10 Likes

On a similar note,the only REM album anyone needs to hear is In Time

4 Likes

The Cure’s Greatest Hits

18 Likes

It’s not even their best Best Of (see OP)

3 Likes

Yeah that’s a great shout actually.

genuinely thought that was a best of for Garbage

4 Likes

just looked too long and too many of their songs from the first three albums which aren’t really songs but is just the same twangy guitars over indechiperable vocals, but with a different name each time

1 Like

Tough one. I think I’d have to say The Best of The Beatles.

8 Likes

I’d have to say The Best of The Beatles

Sorry

Can’t believe there’s been two REM nominations already and neither one is their best best of.

5 Likes

Anyone remember that bit in Alan Partridge where he says about The Best Of The Beatles? Very funny.

6 Likes

Squeeze’s ‘Greatest Hits’ is pretty much front to back 10/10s.

5 Likes

9 Likes

My favourites are the ones by bands that have a very specific style and tons of albums/songs but who I only really feel like listening to once in a blue moon (normally when I’m boozed up). Ramones ‘Hey! Ho! Let’s Go’ one being a fine example.

Yeah this is the best one actually.

3 Likes

I have big love for the James “Best of” album. Full of bangers and the two new tracks on the album are genuinely as good as the other classic tracks on that album.

9 Likes

Part Lies, Part Heart, Part Truth, Partridge…

8 Likes