What is the best single mouthful of food?

Interpret it how you want - it could be a fork or spoonful made up of the best bits of a meal, or just bite of one foodstuff. Maybe it’s your last bite of food ever, or the first one after a period of fasting, or just what you crave right now. Go wild!

1 Like

First forkful of a Christmas dinner.

1 Like

Cant decide

So a pig in a blanket? Yeah, I can get on board with that.

2 Likes

Cheddar

1 Like

La religieuse - the crispy toasted cheese that forms against the pot in a cheese fondue. Only ever made it a few times before the fondue set went to the pile of discarded novelty kitchen items but have very good memories of how incredible that bit was.

4 Likes

Think I’d need it with a cracker. maybe a bit of pickle or something to really make that top tier.

It’s good when you take a break in a bike ride or after any exercise and smash down half a can of fizzy drink and then follow up by ramming in a fistful of haribo.

There’s a cafe near my work that sold raspberry brownies and they were so good. Slices were too small, but obviously still contained about 1000 calories per portion. Could savour the last bit of one of those.

Homemade sausage rolls fresh from the oven without waiting for them to cool.

3 Likes

A fork that’s holding a tender piece of pot-roasted beef, a crispy bit of Yorkshire pudding, and some rich gravy.

2 Likes

Steamed mushroom dumpling from Din Tai Fung, the juices filling your mouth when you bite through the dough.

1 Like

There’s a place called Gunpowder in London, they do an artichoke marinaded in loads of spices couldn’t really name which ones. Best dish I’ve ever had.

That or a spoonful of aloo chaat

3 Likes

Corner bit of an apple crumble, 50% crumble 50% filling, topped up to 125% with clotted cream.

6 Likes

the last forkful of a roast, where you’ve got a little bit of everything with a ton of gravy

Rolo yoghurt

9 Likes

Should add, the yog with the caramel not the inferior mousse.

4 Likes

When you scoop up all the sauces and veg and maybe a bit of potato from your little tapas plate at a tapas bar

1 Like

The first bite of a new born pizza

5 Likes

This is the correct answer I think it would have to be a Marguerita due to other toppings being dotted around the pizza. Although I am a fan of finding slightly burnt bits of goats cheese on a pizza.

• try to get each component of the meal onto the fork
  • keep everything separate

0 voters

I have bitten into a burrito and taken some tin foil with me before. Open poll because we’re all friends.

• We’ve all been there
  • I have watched burrito tutorials on youtube to avoid such a thing

0 voters