What is the most famous painting you think you'd have a realistic chance of stealing?

Alright, Mr Bean.

3 Likes

Lost only fools episode

Mona Lisa is behind protective glass, it’s one of the truly famous paintings that would actually be incredibly difficult to get your hands on

I’d go for Van Gogh’s Sunflowers at the National Gallery, small enough to grab with two hands, no protective barriers to stop you, and the room it’s in opens on the main staircase so you’d be out into a crowd with a good shot at making it through the front doors and into the madness of Trafalgar Square

sunflowers

1 Like

Can’t believe you’ve all fallen for this incredibly obvious sting from Officer Antpoc

3 Likes

it is quite funny how many people genuinely just attempt walking off with paintings as if all the cameras and security folks are just going to ignore it

1 Like

1 Like

listened to a podcast about art theft, it was well boring

if they asked you to pay for it that’s daylight robbery!

JOKE TIME!

5 Likes

please stop

3 Likes

Totally reckon I could have this away in a blink of the eye. Aim big, never stop dreaming.

1 Like

caravaggio’s ‘boy with pinenuts’

4 Likes

there are a couple of el greco works in the main seminary/college in town. reckon I could do those no problem.

Can’t tell you just how uninvested in this thread I am. What the fuck was I thinking.

3 Likes

You know when people say things like “he’s no oil painting” is that because some people fancy oil paintings?

2 Likes

I’d somehow set them off before even getting in the room

1 Like

I mean Jesus Christ… This is awful, awful stuff

Well good for about 15 seconds and then I’d wobble over and set them all off.

1 Like