What is the most you've paid for a gig?

I’ve probably spent more on a ticket but £45 to see At The Drive-In play the Academy (with no Jim Ward) felt like the most expensive. Felt very ripped off. The gig was good though, they were good. Face-melt good!

Or Nick Cave at the Hydro, can’t remember how much it was but I couldn’t go and money went down the drain because Dice are a bunch of lying cunts and when they say you can return your ticket for a refund what they actually mean is that you cannot. Pure Donald Trump stuff. Shower of bastards.

2 Likes

I don’t think I’ve ever paid more than £60 for a gig ticket. Therefore the most expensive was probably going to see The Jesus Lizard at the Forum in Kentish Town when they reformed, took two days off work, got a train from Leeds to London and stayed in a horrible b&b.

Saw Grails, Harvey Milk and The Jesus Lizard, worth every penny.

https://www.atpfestival.com/events/jesuslizardlondon

£95 for drake at Leeds arena

Not sure if this is eligible but the three oceansize nights at the roadhouse about a decade ago. It was all sold out by the time I caught wind of the shows and I don’t live in Manchester so it was eBay and hotels and boy howdy did I throw some money at it. Worth it though

I’ve paid about £75 for Bjork before. Can’t remember how much Kate Bush was - £100?

Most including travel would either be New Order at the Bataclan in Paris, or Saint Etienne at Razzmatazz in Barcelona.

£85 for Pearl Jam in June at the O2 (it was a Christmas present for the thinly veiled). Paid the same amount for Kraftwerk last year. This is probably the limit as to what I would pay.

Elvis gets in for free obvs.

1 Like

£113 for Smashing Pumpkins, gold circle standing, about ten minutes ago. Face value is £95 so that’s £18 worth of fees that I didn’t even question because I’m fucking loaded* apparently (*I’m not :confused: )

1 Like

Either Bruce Springsteen or Nick Cave, around the £60 mark, both worth it.

I remember the sense of betrayal when tickets to see Nirvana in Brixton 1994 cost £15. No one was doing gigs for more than £9 then. My rage and entitlement was all how could you, I was there at the beginning supporting you and this is how you treat me, you’re dead to me. Refused to go on principle. I believe @BMS1 bought a ticket and never claimed a refund.

It’s silly looking back now, but Glastonbury and Reading cost £45. So my anger was justified.

1 Like

Went to see Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds in Italy last year. i justified the expense to myself on the basis that (a) the venue was far smaller, and more intimate, than those they were playing in the UK, and (b) that we got to have a city break around it.

Other than that it’ll have been either Neil Young or Kate Bush at Hammersmith Apollo (about £70 each I think). Totally worth it in both cases.

I think Radiohead at (what ended up being) Old Trafford Cricket Ground last year was the most for me at £90ish inc fees and I’ve paid quite a lot for yer Springsteens, McCartneys Youngs, Dylans & Cohens on various occasions.

I had £140 tickets for Macca in my e-grasp a couple of weeks ago but I thought better of it and chucked ‘em back.

1 Like

Yep. That ticket is in a box somewhere at my parent’s house.

1 Like

Does anyone remember how much the Radiohead O2 Arena gigs were in 2012? £70?

Arguably pretty standard now for massive bands but seemed absolutely ludicrous at the time.

100% worth every penny though.

1 Like

I think the last ever Slayer gig topped out at £70 when the fees got loaded on.

Even that was too much but the line up of Obituary, Anthrax and Lamb of God was too much to pass up.

About £300 for two tickets (face value from ticketmaster) to Kate Bush a few years back.

Worth every penny. Amazing seats and she was incredible.

I’d pay that sort of cash to see Tom Waits. Otherwise there’s no one else I’d pay more than £60 to see.

around that with fees included i think yeah, i paid more than that to see them last year but i do remember the 2012 price seeming absolutely ludicrous at the time. i had to pay for flights over too as they didn’t play Ireland on that tour. it was a good show but definitely the weakest of the 4 times i’ve seen them (i was at night 1).

paid even more for the Dublin gig last year as i say (€83 plus fees so about £90 I think, albeit much cheaper travel), and resented it massively and swore it was the last time i’d see them. however last year ended up being excellent and the best i’d seen them since my first time in 2006. just when i thought i was out they pull me back in…

paid something similar to their 2012 price for Nick Cave w/ Patti Smith this year so it’s definitely becoming more standard, but Radiohead still seem to be out in front (among bands i like anyway)

Exactly this

Another Kate Bush here, £120. Would have paid more if I had to.

Those shows were incredible