What is your favourite concept for a sequel?

Promethe-

1 Like

I like it when a sequel is made 30 years later that is a reboot but we get to see the original actors as olds

He came back for Aladdin 3 though!

The hero getting married one annoys me a bit as you know from the start that the wife/husband will inevitably end up being kidnapped and/or killed at some point, which makes it all very predictable

12 Years A Slave - The Squeakquel”

8 Likes

‘Come And See The Squeakquel’

1 Like

The only good bit about the Emily Blunt Mary Poppins retread was that Dick van Dyke appeared at the end to play the ancient bank manager, a role he also played in the original but using heavy prosthetics.

2 Likes

No way does that exist. Clearly just a tax avoidance vehicle.

It actually fits your bill of “previously unmentioned relative shows up” (John Rhys-Davies as Aladdin’s father)

Big fan of the “we thought up a title so good we have to make it” model. Especially if it then never gets made. The Seriously Dude!, Where’s My Car? model.

1 Like

When the original title has a number in it so they just add one to that number for the sequel title

1 Like

22 Jump Street
The Whole Ten Yards
Ocean’s Twelve

Any others?

2 Likes

2002 Another Oddysey

4 Likes

The Oceans sequels tick a lot of the boxes. Same but in an exotic location. Team up with enemy. Previously unmentioned relatives turn up. Stunt casting (Bruce Willis as himself?).

2 Likes

That’s why Ocean’s 12 is such a masterpiece

1 Like

Four Men and a Baby

102 Dalmatians
Lock, Stock & Three Smoking Barrels

1 Like

13 Angry Men

Reverse concept of first film

Honey I shrunk the kids —— honey I blew up the baby

:+1:

Can’t think if any others but there must be