What is your music hot take - Stop talking about the bloody Smashing Pumpkins. This is my thread and I'll make the rules

After 2 years its become clear that most of you don’t believe me when I say the White Album (Weezer) is better than Pinkerton

BUT IT IS

1 Like

:Im going to answer this for @TAFH33

MACHINA IS THE BEST ALBUM EVER

1 Like

Justin Timberlake is the naffest person in music

9 Likes

Music might have been better without the Beatles

2 Likes

It’s one of five mountains that equally tower over the rest of the musical universe.

1 Like

Here’s a non-Corgan take:

Sparkle and Fade + So Much For the Afterglow > Blue + Pinkerton

3 Likes

Amnesiac is better than kid a and more people would think this too if amnesiac didn’t have the kid a leftovers tag around its neck. If both were released simultaneously today there would be general acknowledgment that the best songs are mostly on amnesiac.

9 Likes

The Fountain is the best Echo & the Bunnymen album and the other ones aren’t that good at all and a best of (+ The Fountain in its entirety) would suffice.

Whilst I don’t agree with this in terms of ranking, I do love Amnesiac and kind of agree with the rest of your post.

2 Likes

Tweez is better than Spiderland

jks lol

3 Likes

You should never name your song after its opening lines

4 Likes

Similarly, a band should never start an album with its hit single. Ruins the song and the flow of the album.

5 Likes
21 Likes

The first 6 Beatles albums are collectively and individually better than the last 7

1 Like

Eg please please me is better than any of the stuff after rubber soul. Actually maybe the first 5 are better than the last 8 C2TOI

Cmon now one doesnt belong

Clues were better than The Unicorns.

3 Likes

I agreed with this at first but then I realised Daydream Nation opens with Teen Age Riot and that works well imo

Dookie is better than London Calling.

10 Likes

Don’t know the name of it but insert gif of man gasping, slapping hands on both cheeks and running out of shot

4 Likes