What is your music hot take - Stop talking about the bloody Smashing Pumpkins. This is my thread and I'll make the rules

holy shit bam

that’s a galaxy brained nuclear heatwave of a take

…but it’s ok cos you don’t mean it

please list the Razorlight songs you like tho

3 Likes

Razorlight have Golden Touch and America whereas Arcade Fire have Tunnels but everything else is bad.

Vice is the best Razorlight song and it’s still not very good. America is terrible

AF have about 20 good songs

3 Likes

only heard the first 2 AF albums but I think that qualifies me for the hot takes thread.

Make no mistake though Razorlight are bad and those two songs don’t justify their existence.

Golden Touch is a choon but… america?

2 Likes

all my life…watching america.

So true

20 Likes

lol

2 Likes

if you only listen to one song from the third album onwards, make it this one

4 Likes

Is this a hot take? I love a bit of early Melvins but Senile Animal/Nude With Boots is clearly where it’s at.

2 Likes

Honestly haven’t heard them in years so I can’t really comment

Whoops

1 Like

Def Leppard > The Smiths

6 Likes

That is no hot take, it is fact

2 Likes

Megadeth > Metallica

3 Likes

The story behind it is the best thing about it. And probably the best story in music, and one i regularly tell people during smoking sessions (mainly because my pop listening wife loves the story too and makes me tell it).

1 Like

That’s why I keep coming back to it - I can live with not getting a canonised classic album but it’s such a good yarn it really makes me want to fall in love with the record.

1 Like

I am listening to Dookie right now and guarantee I am enjoying it more than I would enjoy listening to London Calling.

Poll -

• I have heard a song from Green Day’s album Dookie more recently than I have heard a song from the album London Calling by the Clash
  • My pants are on fire

0 voters

2 Likes

I love The Clash although I prefer Mick Jones’s songs to Joe Strummers

2 Likes

only good punk band imo.

2 Likes

never heard of them