What is your music hot take - Stop talking about the bloody Smashing Pumpkins. This is my thread and I'll make the rules

Classic one trick pony of a band. But Dimebag was one hell of a trick.

2 Likes

Probably the best album of all time.

My Chemical Romance deserve to be in the conversations about ‘good’ emo and not all the other shit around at the same time/they spawned as Black Parade is one of the best albums of the 21st century.

10 Likes

Yeah, Insomniac and Warning are definitely my two favorites. The shift to sadder melodies on Warning really paid off for them and the album has great pacing. Misery is a great example of a successful mid-album experiment.

One of their most underrated songs:

1 Like

The album ratings on Pitchfork Media are always correct to the exact decimal, and all their reviews are always very well written and every single thing they say is true.

3 Likes

that’s not a hot take

U.2!

1 Like

Aside from proper hatchet jobs, easily one of the worst reviews I’ve ever read :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Alright, this thread has gone too far now

6 Likes

You need to listen to Humbug

The Bends is the best album ever made

2 Likes

This take is too hot to handle

2 Likes

It’s honestly one I’m not sure I could ever get bored of hearing.

1 Like

Teenagers is a fucking banger tbf.

4 Likes

Everything Fred Durst has been involved with has been utterly seminal

1 Like

played it to death when i was a teenager. nowadays it comes out for a solitary spin every couple of years and gets put away again, can’t really listen to it repeatedly anymore.

2 Likes

Amnesiac has the best individual songs, Kid A is the on that hangs together as a whole piece of work (the individual songs from Kid A mostly sound better live)

2 Likes

genuinely can’t think of another artist who has been so consistent over such a long period of time

2 Likes

i’d probably quite like Primary Colours but their first album was so embarrassing i’ve always been too stubborn to give it a proper go

anything i’ve heard from the last few albums has just been boring early 90s indie knockoffs which has not encouraged me to give in

1 Like

Meh. He’s consistently alright, I guess.