What is your music hot take - Stop talking about the bloody Smashing Pumpkins. This is my thread and I'll make the rules

Apparently I own eight of his albums (edit: plus two Grindermen). They’re good, but they’ll do.

The Bends is the 8th best Radiohead album (9th if you count the live album).

(still like it tho)

1 Like

I think it’s still their strongest collection of songs but the album production has dated it more, if that makes sense.

funny how Warning seemed to be them growing up and maturing but by American Idiot they’d totally regressed back to pop-punk and silly hair

2 Likes

The only embarrassing thing aboit U2 are people who sneer at them cause Bonos a tad daft

And their musical output for the last 15 or so years.

4 Likes

Whist I respect your hot take, I’d struggle to agree that Staind or Puddle of Mudd could ever be considered ‘seminal’

1 Like

Nick Cave hasn’t made a great album since Let Love In.

1 Like

Shane MacGowan is up there with the greatest songwriters and lyricists. The Pogues would be making more of the GOAT lists if for the most part they weren’t just listened to once a year at Christmas.

6 Likes

I’ve never made the effort to listen beyond If I Should Fall From Grace With God, but those first three albums (and one EP) are essential listening. :+1:

1 Like

I’m not sure which one of us was joking now

1 Like

and being utterly shit. Green Day split up after Warning as far as I’m concerned.

2 Likes

Can’t think of any band more done in by their inability to stop making faces.

2 Likes

Trying to think of an alternate world where this is Neil Young’s “getting political” face.

dig lazarus dig is the best nick cave album is my latest take

You are ‘Thirsty Dog’ and I claim my five pounds.

I don’t know who that is but I’m sure that won’t make you think I’m not :joy:

Heh a user (on the old boards I think) who would bring his disdain for any post LLI Nick Cave to every thread and discussion. ‘I don’t like Boatman’s Call’. ‘Nick Cave hasn’t had it for ages’ etc etc. Seemed completely stuck on this one idea in a way that I found quite funny!

I have no idea either, best to just keep on rollin’

It’s fucking wonderful.

1 Like