What is your music hot take - Stop talking about the bloody Smashing Pumpkins. This is my thread and I'll make the rules

Yeah but the bass says no

3 Likes

James Blunt has more good songs than Green Day.

1 Like

jesus

The Libertines have at least 3 songs that are absolutely solid gold 11/10 tunes, Time For Heroes, Don’t Look Back Into The Sun and Can’t Stand Me Now

Arctic Monkeys debut has no songs i’d rate below 9 out of 10

Razorlight have a couple of songs I’d rate 8 out of 10 and that’s probably still fairly generous

Music didn’t actually reach its peak when you were in your late teens / early twenties. Music that is just as good,if not better ,has been released since.

4 Likes

agreed but not sure if that’s a hot take

certainly not on DiS at least

Ah you got me. Still surprised at how often I hear people espouse this view irl though.

2 Likes

Van Morrison - couple of good tunes, lots of twaddle

6 Likes

Don’t think that’s a hot take, more a known truth

3 Likes

Think music peaked between 85-95 (probably earlier), when I was -3 - 7.

2 Likes

Astral weeks probably still the best album ever though

5 Likes

I like them both but Hot Chip > LCD Soundsystem (this is the hottest take I have)

5 Likes

Rock music deserves it’s decades long decline for failing to evolve or originate.

3 Likes

I’d agree but doomjazz exists and is entirely my thing.
Dohren and der Club of Gore are a delight.

2 Likes

How are you defining “rock”?

Everything from Pearl Jam to Arctic Monkeys to Tricot I guess?

I’m leaving out punk from this take.

I kind of don’t want to ask… Is ‘Doomjazz’ what it sounds like?

Probably not AS weird as you think

I just listened to ‘titel 2’ and really feel like you owe me 13 minutes of my life back. :wink:

Had some crackers on there, but I found it a bit too much about itself, i.e. a comeback album about making a comeback album

Hoping the next one isn’t about being in the studio with St Vincent (great though it probably is)

The Hot Rock > The Woods = AHOTBO > Dig Me Out = One Beat > Call The Doctor > s/t

I completely endorse this take. It is immeasurably better.