What is your music hot take - Stop talking about the bloody Smashing Pumpkins. This is my thread and I'll make the rules

The debut by The Departure has some decent tunes on it and the lead singer’s voice is tolerable over an extended period of time.

1 Like

I think you basically described all Doom music there :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I mean, I came in here to regurgitate my usual line about Pretty on the Inside being a better album than anything involving any member of the Foo FIghters or The Beatles (and that the worst thing that ever happened to Courtney Love was hooking up with that slackjawed dullard) but I’ll leave you to it!

1 Like

Oh. I genuinely think Lulu’s pretty good.

I’m with you on this. Blue > White > Pinkerton > Green > Maladroit

PJ Harvey hasn’t been good since Uh Huh Her, which is still her best album.

1 Like

Lyrics were not Norman Cook’s highest priority

2 Likes

Metallica are shit.

the 90s might be the worst decade for pop music, full stop. Prior to Max Martin, Xenomania, The Neptunes etc, chart pop was largely total nonsense and had been ever since Stock Aitken & Waterman came along and fucked it up for everyone during the 80s. Especially in the UK/Europe. I think that’s a big part of the reason that so many bad and boring bands got huge when Britpop took off, because it was just better than the alternative.

2 Likes

No no
No no no no
No no no no
No no there’s no argument from me here

4 Likes

100% correct opinion

Woah there, hot-take McGee
Hey now, hot-take McGee
Woah there, hot-take McGee
Hey now, hot-take McGee

2 Likes

3 Feet High & Rising is a great EP hiding in an immensely irritating album.

5 Likes

Janelle Monae is effortlessly the best popstar on the planet.

4 Likes

Two terrible opinions for the price of one!

4 Likes

My partner is very excited about going to see them and has played me their entire back catalogue. Most of it does not hold up EXCEPT Viva Forever, which I remember being awful but is now my ‘favourite’.

Don’t Stop on The Stone Roses would be better if they reversed it.

2 Likes

Bong-Ra :rofl: :joy: :sob: :sob: :sob:

7 Likes