What is your primary method of drying clothes

Considering one if we can get it in our bathroom when we get it renovated.

However most of the bloody clothes I wear can’t be tumble-dried. Would be good for towels and sheets though wouldn’t it.

Do you put your clothes on for another spin after your main → spin cycle has finished?

Tend to find putting them on a second spin is pretty essential for indoor drying. Smash as much as many items as you can on radiators - an hour’s heating should be plenty to dry them sufficiently.

4 Likes

Barely use ours. We just own enough towels and sheets to run them on rotation

My parents got one recently and last time I went home I almost set it on fire or something, weird machines

Primarily try to dry everything on the line outside. Although also have the deluxe Dry Soon as, you know, kids…

Dry soon

But enough about theo

Somethings not right with either your washing or hanging technique

no you plug it in and it heats up
it’s no horse

I just hate having wet laundry drying everywhere.

2 Likes

Actually with jumpers, trousers and work shirts I usually just stick them on a hanger and leave them drying around the edges of my room before they go back in the wardrobe

Second spin is superb advice. Do you not run the risk of clothes going out of shape though?

Also adds another fucking hour or whatever to the whole shitty process. I truly hate doing the laundry, comfortably the worst of all the domestic chores.

2 Likes

We put ours in the nook so it’s out of the way and next to a wide window so its not too bad really. Looking forward to joining the whirly elite though

Using actual electricity to dry clothes

• Conservative Party Conference
  • Reasonable activity

0 voters

A minky for pants and socks and teatowels
An old drum stand on which we put tshirts and jeans on clothes hangers.
Tumble dryer for towels and bedding.

I think the issue is that the one I got doesn’t have a lot of space between clothing, it’s extremely effective at drying like three t-shirts and a couple of pairs of pants but anything resembling an actual washing load takes an age unless you go in every 10 minutes and minutely adjust the positioning of each item to be in direct contact with the hot bits

Would rather clean the shitter and pick the hair squid out of the shower than do the laundry, no joke

1 Like

Absotruthly

Try to use the line as much as possible but living in Ireland precludes that for Winter I/Winter II so everything gets chucked in the dryer then.

My laundry facilities are communal so tumble drier is a must really

Do they not have minkys in Ireland?