What makes you feel like an adult?

For me it’s cooking a proper meal. Even just the first bit when you’re frying some onion and garlic in some oil. Adult.

Related, eating whatever the fuck I want, whenever the fuck I want

10 Likes

#adulting

2 Likes

I emailed the council to complain about chopping down trees in my favourite park

That did it for me

21 Likes

Oooh yeah good one, I emailed a complaint to the council tax dept recently and threatened to contact my ward councillors, very strong #adulting there

3 Likes

Sex

Hanging pictures up and getting it right first try

3 Likes

I think I started learning to cook too young to associate it with adulthood

I think for me it’s anything like changing credit card or opening a savings account or that sort of boring shit.

1 Like

when strangers refer to me as ‘‘the man’’ or ‘‘this gentleman’’ (lol)

12 Likes

Said this recently in another thread about how certain things would be a real rare treat as a kid but as an adult you realise you can just nip down the shops and spend a relatively negligible amount of money on a tube of pringles or a tin of custard or whatever.

3 Likes

Having to do stuff

8 Likes

Drinking wine in the afternoon

8 Likes

I’m always reporting broken street lights or bins or requesting a street clean cos broken glass or whatever.

2 Likes

You’re like a super adult

I’m not good at being an adult

Reject conventional trappings of what adulthood should “be

But also

Is the most correct answer

2 Likes

But with a better drink

Walking into a pub and asking for a Guinness

4 Likes

Buying stuff with the money I managed to trick someone into paying me due to my superior fake it til you make it skills

8 Likes

Yeah. When I’m used as ‘the man’ by people telling their kids off I feel old. And used.

Pricks.

3 Likes