What nation has the best cuisine, pound for pound?

Potentially, what’s the budget?

I’d put it somewhere in the realms of £15,000

2 Likes

Yeah ok, I’m in!

Lasagne is now French and is called La Sagne.

Does Italy still win?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Scotland

2 Likes

pound for pound i’d have to say india or maybe lebanon

2 Likes

Ok, great! I’ll see if I can find someone to finance, shoot, edit and release the piece. Thanks for your enthusiasm.

1 Like

Apt username!!!

“the piece”! I feel so industry!

1 Like

You’ve got to consider the following:

Bread
Main meals
Desserts
Alcoholic drinks
Non-alcoholic drinks
Cheese

Yeah it’s probably Italy

3 Likes

OK, literally no food comes from Italy anymore. The only food that is native to Italy is tarmac and that is not a food at all. Is Italy still #1 for food under these tragic circumstances?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Could live without pizza but a good lasagne is one of life’s greatest pleasures.

A pizza where the topping is lasagne

• Yay
  • Nay

0 voters

Gonna go with Lebanon

swabia > bavaria, foodwise!

1 Like

Do love Italian food, but it’s not the most wide ranging of cuisines is it?? Tomatoes, garlic, basil. Done.

India I reckon (although defining that, or the food of most countries, as a single ‘cuisine’ is kind of cheating)

2 Likes

Learn Italian food, you heathen!

2 Likes

Tarmac?

1 Like

Italy because I doubt there’s been a day in my adult life where I wouldn’t happily eat either pizza or a pasta dish. The variety between those two, plus their cheese, just fits my tastes so perfectly.

Mexican is absolutely up there too tho tbf. Indian, Thai etc have great variation and all do meat, fish and veg equally well, but given a whole chunk of their spicier dishes are too much for me then it limits the score I can offer them.

1 Like

I know, he forgot parm and black pepper!

3 Likes