What nation has the best cuisine, pound for pound?

Think there’s a good case to be made for Japan:

Sushi, which is just god tier food
Curries (katsu at least)
Amazing noodle dishes including ramen / tonkotsu
World beating steaks

But emotionally I’d want to go for Indian or Italian just because I’m so familiar with the bastardised versions of each we have here.

7 Likes

I don’t think I could decide on this one.

Gonna have a a stew for dinner I think.

1 Like

How dare you! Sometimes the tortillas are folded differently as well.

did we do a world cup of cuisines?

(I know this is different as it’s ‘pound for pound’)

Japan? Are you an idiot?

5 Likes

woah, It’s a good shout.

Also - if you take pound as in weight? sushi is quite light.

“I’d rather have some sushi than some pasta” spluttered the idiot, quite moronically.

6 Likes

this is quite an aggressive stance - are you ok?

1 Like

Starting to think pasta might be an even more overrated foodstuff than bacon.

2 Likes

I’m a little bit unwell and quite tired. It’s manifesting itself fairly aggressively in terms of my inter-community interactions in the last 15 mins or so.

Which other communities are you interacting with?

1 Like

I hope you feel better and get good rest tonight. I even like you so much that I’ll take solace if united win later that it will at least make you a bit happier.

1 Like

Americans sometimes call pasta “noodles”.

2 Likes

send noods

7 Likes

Thank you, Owen x

I watched an episode of The Sopranos yesterday in which Ralphie described a dish he was cooking as “macaroni” when it was clearly spaghetti/linguine and I thought “huh, how about that” about it

4 Likes

quite like thinking to myself ‘stugats, this is just noodles with ketchup!!!’ if presented with a plate of sub-par pasta. maybe other people do this too.

My father-in-law’s partner thinks that plain spaghetti with butter on top in an appropriate side dish for a chicken breast, it upsets me greatly.

3 Likes

Sounds a bit too saucey for the prof.

3 Likes

3 Likes