What percentage of housework are you doing these days?

I’m counting cooking in that (but NOT anything like baking, to be clear, unless it’s specifically meant as a main meal).

Even split? Wild imbalance?

SSP probably just in case.

• 0%
  • 10%
  • 20%
  • 30%
  • 40%
  • 50%
  • 60%
  • 70%
  • 80%
  • 90%
  • 100%

0 voters

Wife thinks it’s 50/50 but she’s talking out of her arse.

Wild imbalance, the only regular “chore” that I don’t do myself is loading the washing machine and frankly, I’d prefer it if I could do that as well.

:smiley:!

Given that according to the poll your missus loading the washing machine takes 10% of all housework time I think you need to take back control here.

Well when I was only given 10% increments to choose from it was the closest one innit.

yeah tbf it’s my bad i just couldn’t be arsed with 5’s

It’s fine pal, only the biggest pedant would have any issues with it.

So it still takes up > 5% of ALL domestic chore time???

This needs sorting. Stat.

What needs sorting is your attitude in here, you’re already derailing a perfectly good thread with this picky nonsense.

I’m way tidier and have a much lower tolerance of disorder. She’s more likely to take on big job like cleaning the oven though. What a team.

I’m currently clocking in at 40% because work has gotten intense lately. But should be back to parity in a week or so

Nice to know that we’re finally back to the good old days of DiS where no thread could last 3 posts without arguments breaking out :slight_smile:

Oof!

I’ve put 50%. I mean in reality who knows. It feels like 50% but neither of us really put in the time these days.

Oh Theobald, dear, innocent Theobald, how we love you.

Exact opposite of this. She’s a tidier, I’m a cleaner. She does more 10 minutes here and there, I do the big horrible jobs. Works out about even and we’re both fine with it (although we’re both also convinced we’re the ones doing the more worthwhile role, obvs)

Mate, I just meant it was terrific timing that you got him to do it AGAIN just after you posted that.

Ah Theodore, dear, kindly Theodore, how we love you.

We probably both think we’re doing about 70%, which I think is analagous with any job share scenario.