What Phone do you own?

if they offered them on contracts I’d probably get one tbh.

My trusty old iphone 6s died after I dropped it on the floor and then in the toilet (in the same week) so I have reverted to using an old iphone 6 that was my husband’s and then my son’s. It is just about functioning. I would like a new phone but don’t want to spend £60 a month or something ridiculous. Plus trying to get a contract phone in France is a nightmare (you have to buy the phone via instalments and then set up a separate phone contract) and expensive.

They do

I think Virgin offer them too

He’s done you there prof

1 Like

oooh interesting.

i looked into one years ago but I thought the company had gone down the shitter or something so never bothered again.

1 Like

well its a good doing. an ethical, modular doing

4 Likes

Yeah I’ve gone back to an iPhone (12) after about 11 years of Android phones (mostly OnePluses) and it’s bloody lovely. I really liked the Android, and there are pros and cons to both, but I’ve really enjoyed the change. Definitely pricey, but hey, so are a lot of things :grin:

1 Like

Fuck it, I ordered a OnePlus Nord. If for no other reason than it apparently has 6 different camera lenses so maybe I can finally take some nice pictures of the cat and stuff.

“Sorry, I’m not sure how to do that.”

Seems nice so far. Going to stick with default Android 11 for now instead of immediately switching to a different launcher and see how I get on.

My old iPhone SE 2016 got smushed by our little lad so turned into a paranoid Martin Lewis acolyte for a couple of weeks endlessly checking 12 mini and se2 deals on uswitch before buying a refurbed SE 2016

1 Like

Yeah that’s what put me off the SE2 - prefer box edges to the slinky new designs. Think I’ll wait a year until the 12 minis come down in price and grab one of those for the better camera

1 Like

gonna get a new phone. would be quite happy with my J3 but the microphone broke and for a cheap phone it’s not really worth the cost of getting it fixed

might get a Galaxy A02s, any fellow cheapskates know if these are any good?

We use Samsung’s at work.
Used to use j3s now use a20, a32 and a21s. They’re all much of a muchness so reckon the a2 will be fine for the price

1 Like

I’ve got an A20e, it’s fine, does a job (internet, twitter, all the apps I had on an S8 before the battery starting dying).

It was a choice between that and a Moto G8 power lite.

2 Likes

I’ve got a Samsung S10e, bought as it’s the only android approaching a compact size these days (that and pixels, more expensive). Great phone.

1 Like

I also have an A20e, it’s absolutely adequate which is all I ask of a phone

2 Likes

Perfect description that.

1 Like

Having never broken a single phone since I started having phones, a few months ago I broke the screen of my Google Pixel 3A XL, and today I have somehow managed to break the tempered glass screen protector on my Google Pixel 4A 5G. I’m not chucking them about or anything. What’s going on?

• Glass is getting more brittle
  • The surfaces in your home are getting harder

0 voters

i bought some tempered glass for my google pixel and it broke within about 3 days, never had that happen before. i don’t bother with one now :woman_shrugging: