What Phone do you own?

I was also in ‘never smashed a screen’ club but in 6 months I have gone through both screen protector and actual screen (iPhone)

I am going with option a

1 Like

Are your phones stressed?

They do spend a lot of time looking at my face, which can’t be good for anyone

2 Likes

I never broke any phones until about 2 years ago, when I cracked the screen on a phone I’d had for a couple of years and was planning to replace, and then cracked the screen on the new one about a month after getting it. I’ve been dropping phones for years so something has changed

The screen on my newish iPhone SE seems to pick up light scratches more easily than the iphone 4 I had 10 years ago

bought a Samsung Galaxy A12 in the end up. seems good so far.

having to get used to phones now being massive. getting used to it surprisingly quickly though, my old J3 is already starting to feel tiny in my hand

I gave up on Sony’s due to the shoddy software, though I really liked the form of my Z5C and my wife’s Z3C. I’d had two previous Sony phones, and they both had glitchy laggy software and developed faults. After the Z5C I moved to the Galaxy S8 (brilliant) and then the s10e when I dropped the S8 shortly before the two years was up (don’t use cases, hate cases). If you like a phone’s form factor, why put it in a case?

Hoping the iphone 12 mini encourages a return to more smaller android phones. s10e is one of the smallest and still too big.

1 Like

How did this go btw? Normally use nova launcher but on a new phone (pixel 4a 5G) and unsure if I should stick on the default instead of a launcher like nova

Think I’m still on the default. It’s fine tbh.

Is there a way to have a totally blank home screen, with no icons or search bar or owt?

I don’t think you can get rid of the search bar, which normally irks me something fierce, but I’m ok with it now.

Cheers boss

1 Like

the Pixel 5 speaker is so bad fuck me

like tempted to return it based on that alone, feel like it’ll grate every time I use it

You’re not a kid any more JP, you no longer look hard and cool blaring your songs out on the top deck, you now look like an attention-seeker. Just get some headphones :wink:

I have OnePlus Nord phone and the speaker is okay? Dunno, it’s not like I was expecting to be enjoying any bass through it.

2 Likes

Another screen protector bites the dust :man_shrugging:

Do you keep it in your back pocket? Wondering if it’s just a little less durable than previous ones and it’s getting stressed when you sit/bend over?

Nope. Side pocket, on its own, nothing to smash into it. Goes straight into an upright holding nook thing (technical term) when I’m at my desk.

1 Like

I’ve never broken a phone screen but I put a screen protector on my current phone and I’ve scracked that 3 times (still using the same one as i haven’t been arsed to change it). The first time I didn’t even drop it or anything, just took it out of my bag when I got home and it was cracked. I think they’re a lot more breakable than the actual phone.

1 Like

I smashed a Pixel 3 screen this week. It is in smithereens. Good excuse to get a new phone though. Not sure what to get yet.

1 Like

I like my 4a 5G (not for the 5G but because it’s almost on par with the pixel 5 specs for much less money) a lot, but I got it for £100 less than usual so it was an easy decision.

2 Likes