What’s good in that London at the moment?

^this

and weeknights, and weekdays, and…

1 Like

Old man is very much my shit, will check it out thank you.

1 Like

Ah fair, the only times I’ve used it are for pre-drinks when only the smaller rooms at the RAH are being used.

Cute little spot, but I can imagine it being a nightmare when packed.

My usual pre-Albert Hall pub is The Queens Arms, but that’s more for geographical reasons than because it’s a great pub. It’s not a bad pub though.

The only thing that could have dragged me to London recently was the Richard Long exhibition at the Lisson Gallery, but that closes this Saturday, which is no help to you.

Ah, the Mitre. I’ve had many, many pints there. I had some friends who used to live round the corner, so it was their local, so I’d stop by every time I came into town for a gig.

1 Like

Came in to recommend this place. As @Petagno says it does get very busy on gig nights - but if you get there early enough you should be able to grab a seat.

Image result for queens arms kensington

1 Like

Aye it’s pretty lovely, never seems too busy either. Always stop off in there if I’ve been round the Serpentine Galleries. Quite good for people watching too, especially considering they’ve got a roller skate rental place opposite the road (in the year 2018).

Ah yeah, that was the one I recommended too. Didn’t spot that it had been recommended earlier in the thread as well.

is like a 15-20 min walk or bus ride away

Queens arms is decent like others have suggested

Last time I was in here pre-gig they had Pinner IPA on tap. Almost decided to sack the gig off and just stay there. Almost.

I’d like to take him up the Oxo Tower, missus!

I spent five hours in there ahead of the Moonface piano show a while back. Might as well have sacked the show off for all I actually remember of it.

Excuse me, it’s “doctor”.

Notting Hill isn’t too far. Loads of decent pubs there.