What’s The Best Album This Year

What Artist This Year Has The Best Album In 2021

dunno yet

4 Likes

Many people are saying the new Ryan Damas record is the one to beat.

2 Likes

S’ too early innit. Maybe Dry Cleaning, maybe BCNR, maybe Mustafa which isn’t out yet. Shaping up to be a good year.

1 Like

So far it’s the new Mogwai album, but if I had to bet and if it comes out in time, it’s going to be the new album by The Smashing Pumpkins.

3 Likes

it’ll probably be Arab Strap

1 Like

Ryan Damas?
Or

Mr Snrub

1 Like

It and Mogwai are neck and neck tbh.

1 Like

It’ll be the new Daniel Avery one.

2 Likes

It’s The Armed for me, Geoff

1 Like

Goat Girl for me so far this year, but I know that a bunch of wrong people were underwhelmed by it :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

Turn 21 by The Donnas

Probably still be the best album next year too, unless they reform

1 Like

I’ve made some banging, haunting tunes this year but but releasing them out of respect for prince phillip. They’re the best album of 2021

2 Likes

Best is somewhat subjective. My favourite so far is Roy Montgomery’s Island of Lost Souls.

2 Likes

Lost Girls is my favourite so far

3 Likes

Maybe self esteem’s next one when it comes out. Lot of very good stuff this year but can’t think of anything that has blown me away.

2 Likes

What Beat

2 Likes

Been listening to the new Mogwai album via Spotify walking home from work this week. I’ve only got about a third of the way through it as I always start at the beginning and I’m home by then.

For them to have something this good after 20 years plus is quite incredible. I love how fried it sounds. Beautiful soundscapes… then when the vocal finally enters. Just wonderful.

5 Likes

Jane Weaver, innit

1 Like

Floating Points & Pharaoh Sanders, by some margin

9 Likes