What’s The Best Album This Year

The Mighty Mighty Bosstones

The Weather Station is dead good (in general tbf)

1 Like

Oh I forgot that. Yeah probably that

1 Like

That Armed one is great

1 Like

Oh yeah, forgot Bicep. Good shout.

1 Like

Me too, but I’ve been listening to the live stream more than the album.

1 Like

Mogwai but with 7 months left it’s all to play for.

1 Like

For me it’s Warrington-runcorn new town development plan…

Or spectral wound (Diabolical Thirst) … or Black Swan (repetition hymns)

3 Likes

The 2 standouts for me so far this year are ‘Wasteland: What Ails Our People Is Clear’ by LICE or The Anchoress’ ‘The Art Of Losing’. Very different albums though so difficult to pick between them.

Armand Hammer/Alchemist and Madlib so far.

I’ve been going back to the black swan album more than any other I think.

1 Like

Album of the year so far by a band I didn’t even know existed but I heard it once and ended up buying an expensive special edition with a chose your own adventure book about a fleet of mysterious vanishing Russian ships: Ice Fleet by Kauan

Album of the year so far by a Scottish band I had no idea still had it in em: tie between Mogwai andArab Strap

Album of the year so far by a band I hated the idea of on paper and thought I wouldn’t like but when I actually listened to them I realised they were fab and I need to stop pre judging things so much: tie between Black Country New Road and Dry Cleaning

3 Likes

Disappointments of the year so far: Madlib and Julien Baker. Neither of them are bad at all but my expectations were sky high for both of them and they didn’t live up.

1 Like

Ambient album of the year so far: Elori Saxl

Predictably brilliant hip hop album of the year so far Armand Hammer+The Alchemist

1 Like

I’m listening to it a lot

Either Underscores or For Those I Love (init).

Quality rather than quantity for me in 2021 so far.

Top 5 probably:
Lost Girls
Emile Mosseri
Jane Weaver
Mogwai
Leila Bordreuil

I think it’s going to be Squid.

1 Like

Tried this now and I’m not sure what I think. I thought I’d like it a lot more.

2 Likes

I have to listen to that Anchoress album because her vocals are butter smooth. Never got around to the first one because of the awful reviews though I did love that single (What Doesn’t Kill You).

1 Like