What’s the best planet?

Please!!
That sounds delightful

1 Like

Jupiter is great. Massive, but not causing any aggro or anything, just a big friendly daft planet, probably hasn’t even noticed any of the others.

It’s got about 80 moons all following it around like toddlers, fascinated by it.

6 Likes

Why are you being like this?

1 Like

I love looking at the moon. I think it’s my favourite thing in the sky after chemtrails

1 Like

Are birds planets?

I think there could be a big bird planet up in the sky, much like the long dog from neverending story

1 Like

I’ve always felt an affinity for Jupiter.

2 Likes

That’s a point, actually. They could do with revamping some of them, change up the textures. Cover one in feathers, for example. Would look lovely blowing around in a breeze

Mission accomplished. I think Mercury would be a lovely name for a girl.

Got these for Christmas. They’re so cute!!

1 Like

I hardly know 'er!

2 Likes

https://joshworth.com/dev/pixelspace/pixelspace_solarsystem.html

I’ve got an awesome set of wooden fridge magnets of the sun and planets.

I think it was from Muji.

1 Like

We could move the earth out past Neptune maybe, see how it changes the view. Just put some earth in a rocket and send it out there, then another rocket, then another, gradually rebuilding the earth bit by bit much further out. Would give us an opportunity to reorder some cities and towns that have got a bit messy as well as we rebuild them on Earth 2.

1 Like

I am SO sorry!

think the unwritten rule is that if a thread is more than 6 months old then it’s fine to recreate a new one

1 Like

It’s okay - we’re allowed to discuss the same thing more than once! I just posted it for reference

1 Like

Pretty sure I read/saw a thing* that said the only reason that Earth hasn’t been pelted into smithereens by asteroids and debris is because Jupiter’s so massive that its gravity catches all the deadly space nonsense before it gets a chance to blow us up.

Great bunch of planet, life here wouldn’t exist without it.

*maybe that Brian Cox planets series?

3 Likes

FYI: here are the planets by their HGATR scores, with their musical equivalents:

planet hgatr score equivalent
Mercury 2.93 Girls Aloud
Venus 3.5 Daft Punk
Earth 3.36 TV on the Radio
Mars 3.81 The Kinks
Jupiter 4.14 Joy Division
Saturn 4.64 Aretha Franklin
Uranus 3.45 The Flaming Lips
Neptune 3.4 Madonna
Pluto 3.11 Lana Del Rey
6 Likes

you know what, Uranus is probably the most underappreciated one because it’s only ever a silly joke to people.

if it had a sensible name, we’d see that it’s pretty great.

Uranus and Neptune for me, Clive.

1 Like