What’s the best thing about your hometown?

Everyone is so down on where they’re from on social media at this time of the year.

Weymouth has so many nice quiet beaches, tonnes of pubs, and there’s so much history around here. I couldn’t wait to leave when I was growing up and could probably never live here now but it’s far nicer than this miserable teen gave it credit for.

It’s a new town so pretty boring culturally, but because it was planned there’s lots of green space. I used to mock people for chosing to live here after they grew up but now I can see why it’s a good place to raise a family. Oh, because it has so many roundabouts there’s barely any queuing traffic, ever.

1 Like

regular bus to glasgow

3 Likes

It’s near to Leeds

1 Like

Come on guys it’s Christmas, stop being grinchy

1 Like

For real, we have lots of historical monuments (maybe St Patrick’s grave!) And a nice big stone circle nearby. Some nice walks and the mcds is open 24hrs on a weekend

1 Like

Is it Milton Keynes?

Few hundred miles north

2 Likes

Really close to the beach (ten minutes walk from my parents’ house) and some good pubs.

Some excellent fish and chip shops nearby.

alright then. dunfermline:

it’s got a nice glen. close to some beaches. plenty of places to ride a bike.

an interesting place if you like scottish history :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I am really fond of my hometown and never really criticise it but I genuinely can’t think of anything I could say about it that is actually nice really.

1 Like

Chef Peking

think it’s the biggest thing i miss about living in a city

1 Like

The closest beach to where I lived for the first eight years of my life was only a mile or two away, but was right next to a huge oil refinery. Catching the train to out to Southend was much better.

1 Like

I believe it once held the world’s smallest Zebra crossing, although that could just be bullshit

3 Likes

I grew up in two towns, and I don’t know that I’d call either my ‘hometown’ these days - I feel more rooted in East London or Newcastle.

Both towns have many memories for me, and my parents still live in one of them, but it’s hard to think of anything that an outsider would like about either of them, really. The mediaeval high street is quite nice, I suppose.

There’s a really nice walk along the river itchen for several miles where you can walk from one town to the next which I have often done when I need to clear my head. Probably be doing that in the next few days.

2 Likes

The massive fucking bus station. images

11 Likes

It’s an old market town, so has a lovely market square and some nice buildings in the town centre.

For balance, it also has this water feature commemorating a time when blood from the abattoirs used to run down the steps of the high street :grimacing:

3 Likes

The train station being the second busiest outside of London or the festival.