What’s the least you’ve put your washing machine on for?

I think a single pair of jeans for me, that I really wanted to wear out that evening. Otherwise always wait to do a full load, I’m not a monster.

I always get told off for putting too much in. (Don’t you dare)

Tbf if it was up to me I I do leave it until every piece of clothing I own needs washing, then try and do it in one go

4 Likes

Bedsheet

1 Like

Classic DiSer

14 Likes

Oh same, always pushing my luck with it.
Apparently the rule of thumb is you should be able to put your hand in and touch the back of the drum, otherwise it’s dangerous? Can’t remember where I heard that though, could be total codswallop.

1 Like

probably pillow cases
I’m a bit of a drooler

1 Like

Caused some silent beeves with my SIL years ago when she came to visit me with my then baby nephew. I offered her the washing machine to wash his stuff as they were there for a few days and she had a few baby grows and some bibs. Figured she’d put one quarter full wash on and that was ok, but it turned out she wanted a wash for the whites, one for the light blues and one for another colour. Would’ve meant three washes for 6 tiny items of clothing. Lolled and outright said no as it was so ridiculous. Awkward.

1 Like

Two face masks on a quick wash

What do you need face masks for?

4 Likes

£75

3 Likes

Tbf I’m with you there, that’s outrageous! What does a baby care if the colours run? It’s a baby!!

2 Likes

Maintaining my youthful complexion.

Will wash football kit or running gear on its own if its really muddy

1 Like

Zoom LARPing I presume

1 Like

That makes sense. We’ll let you off!

Gonna back you up on that one. How wasteful!

In hindsight I think she was an extremely careful mother that wanted everything to be perfect and wouldn’t accept anything less. I’m pretty sure the second child barely got it’s clothes washed :smiley:

Cushion cover that the cat had vommed on.

1 Like

I’m very pro separating light and dark colours for washing, but a. it’s baby clothes, who gives a shit, and b. light blue can def go in with either the whites or other colours, depending how light it is

I’m not sure what the least I’ve washed is. Possibly a single handknitted jumper if I was unsure if it would run

I don’t think I’ve ever separated my whites and darks, like… ever. Same with stuff that says hand wash only, just ignore it.
The way I see it, if it can’t hack a normal wash then it’s not an item of clothing I need in my life. Either toughen up or you’re off the team.

3 Likes