What’s the most miserable song that you can’t get enough of...?

Best was seeing him live in Studio 2 here in Liv and being part of a room full of neurotic, oversensitive ~30 year olds singing “I am tired, I am afraid” in unison.

1 Like

Beat me to it :smiley:

Absolutely perfect and absolutely devastating.

1 Like

Nearly God - Poems

1 Like

Nice positive ending though

Saw him earlier this year but sadly had to leave before he played this one :frowning: (if I’d known it would be one of my last gigs of the year I’d have made alternative arrangements)

Hi All,

To go with the radio show, I’ve decided to do a sad bastard music newsletter. Sign up if you fancy doses of musical melancholy in your inbox every now and then.

2 Likes
1 Like
3 Likes

‘Holding’ is my Ruins pick

although like most sad songs, I’ve ruined it a fair bit by being too sad

1 Like

oh! and that Mary Lattimore tune is a great shout </3

1 Like

this, though

again, caveat that I’m in such a bad place and have been for a while that I don’t think I can’t get enough

but I have repeat-listened a lot

some more:

etc. too many, really, will call it here.

1 Like

1 Like

I was going to do this but with Phoebe Bridgers

1 Like

It’s fucking Baby Birch. Had it on earlier, amazing song, also horrible, feels a bit gross to actually enjoy it. But it’s so good.

1 Like
2 Likes

This one allways seems to get me.

2 Likes

I have been listening to a lot of Tricky recently whilst working from home and this song is great. I had forgotten all about the Nearly God album until i found the CD at the bottom of an old box of stuff.

No big thing you guys, I’m totally cool (to-tally co-ooh-oool!!!) about the fact Cat Power liked this month’s Unhappy Hour radio show.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CE3eXrWHnuP/

Listen here Mixcloud

Join the new Unhappy Hour mailing list for a weekly dose of sadness from me https://unhappyhour.substack.com/

5 Likes

Really enjoyed the show Sean, thanks - can I find the track list somewhere?