What’s the worst you’ve ever smelled? (Smelt?)

Do you mean BO? Or anything? After I had a baby, I had stitches and also bled for about a month and at one point the smell was so unbelievably shocking. IIRC I had an infection and had to have antibiotics.

Was working the produce section at the supermarket and reached into a large sack of loose tatties to pull some out. I grabbed a rotten one and it literally burst in my hands. The stench was so unbelievably bad I had to run out the back door and throw up in the loading bay. Was smelling it on my hands for ages afterwards :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting:

1 Like

A pack of beef mince that had been accidentally left on top of a tall fridge/freezer in a shared house. There was a mystery smell in the kitchen for a long time that became almost unbearable until we eventually found the rancid meat up there.

1 Like

Sometimes have to wash my beard/Stubble a couple of hours after eating a corn on the cob because the melted butter has soaked in. It repulses me.

3 Likes

rode my bike 500 miles in a week without washing at all a few years ago. absolutely sickening I was

1 Like

Incredibly, I’d say it was a rotten egg instead of the moment you’re alluding to

3 Likes

I had a project in a poultry plant a few years ago, and every time I visited it, I would have to wash all my clothes through twice, and shower twice, to get rid of the smell.

On a drinking binge that lasted 20 days or so. I didnt shower or shave or brush my teeth in that time. it was quite bad

Whatever the dead thing under my floor was i guess. Though maybe thay was just how pervasive is was. Sure there’s other smells that have made me gip more.

I’ll get back to you

Also, not said gip since about 1998.

I think people are interpreting this question as what’s the worst smell you’ve ever smelled when it sounds like it was intended as how bad have you smelled? @kermitwormit pls clarify

5 Likes

Thats an incredible feat tho

1 Like

incredible smelly feet

1 Like

Both the same thing for me! (nah not really just joking)

I don’t know why I’m asking as I don’t have anything interesting to contribute whichever it is

3 Likes

:smiley: I did mean the worst people have smelled themselves, rather than things they’ve smelled but didn’t want to be difficult

2 Likes

The sweet stench of failure

1 Like

There’s a pretty awful smell at Primavera that floats round the entrance if the wind is right

The worst thing I’ve smelled is what a university pal did to the toilet without flushing at our shared Travelodge room.

We don’t talk any more, not because of that, but it didn’t help.

1 Like

The worst I’ve ever smelt/smelled was a festival too, my first ever one. T in the Park 2001 and it was the worst weather they’d ever had, just rivers of mud and shit. We flew home with it all stuck to our clothes and stank the whole plane out, there was a football team on the plane who were all freshly showered and clean and I wanted to die of embarrassment.

2 Likes