What’s your all-time favourite thread on these forums?

The Peppermint Apes or any of the old JAG threads

Greatest horse of all time in old boards.But all the things that made it were in tiny url links that have all expired.

New boards probably the secret Santa or raffles series

3 Likes

I still say here we go all the time because of this. Chintzy started it, on old boards.

2 Likes
15 Likes

Just had a latte…amazing journey through all the coffees, rated. What more can you ask for.

Also the dog and cats threads for never failing to lift your spirits.

2 Likes

Haha! Maybe over the coming weeks I will take some commissions for legends of rock and roll.

1 Like

Definitely Peppermint Apes.

‘I’m nobody’s DAD!’

Have collected all the Blind Date threads under #blinddate if anyone gets really bored.

1 Like

Really hope someone can resurrect the Scary Door. So much grimness, but so enthralling. If it wasn’t for DiS I might never have found out about things like (CW: er, scary) Dyatlov Pass and Taman Shud.

3 Likes

Did anybody reveal who started that thread?

I think someone confesses towards the end. Can’t remember who.

1 Like

Its really weird looking at old threads and ‘gashwrecker’ is just wandering around totally normal like

5 Likes

Ah that’s reminded me of my favourite thread;

I think most of the links will be dead now though

1 Like

Actually never read this before (keep forgetting there was a couple of years where I didn’t post). Read the whole thing now and I’m very happy to share the following two nuggets of information: 1) The Peppermint Apes are still alive on Facebook, posted something just earlier today, and 2) most links from that thread are obviously dead by now but this survived:

7 Likes

Bernard shitgoose :smiley:

1 Like

Think we agreed to never post links to threads from the old boards on here.

Dunno if it’s a rule as such, it’s just that there’s stuff going back to when we were teenagers on there and most of us come across at complete bellends, and it has the potential to start serious beeves.

1 Like

Think it’s more to do with what kind of thread too, maybe. Like, no-one’s objected to PEPPERMINT APES being posted.

1 Like