What’s your ideal packed lunch?

Imagine if i tried to retain useful info

2 Likes

I loathe lunch. A dreadful meal.

My aunt and uncle (Susan and Trevor) call it a ‘pack up’ which I quite like but I’m nowhere near northern enough to carry off without it being an obvious affectation

1 Like

These days I either have leftovers or McDonald’s

Or leftover McDonalds! :wink:

EDIT: As if there’s any such thing! Hahahaha!

A sandwich would have to be on posh bread cut horizontally through the middle. Sliced cheese, fake ham, tomatoes, rocket, hummus, bit of hot sauce.

Probably come with a snickers and a banana

I acknowledge your reply but I’m afraid I have nothing to say in response

Baguette with philadelphia, salami, m&s chilli cheddar, branston
Scotch egg
Cool Original Doritos
Kit Kat Chunky
Banana
Lemon San Pelly

1 Like

Really polite of you to have acknowledged it nonetheless. You’re a very well-raised young man. Thank you x

1 Like

Love pack lunches. Take them to work every day. Going by the thread parameters, ideally I’d have

Ham, mustard, cucumber and spring onion sarnie (nice thick white bread)
Salt ‘n’ vinegar Hula Hoops
Pink Lady apple
Fruit Club
Full-fat Coke (330ml tin)

my actual pack lunches are far bigger than this; also don’t generally keep bread in the house so there’s usually pasta or couscous etc to heat up in the meecrowavvay as a main

2 Likes

One of life’s sweetest pleasures is being on a night out and popping into a Tesco metro to score a discounted sandwich or wrap at about half 11 when walking between two venues.

4 Likes

Always make packed lunches when my partner’s dad comes to stay with us for some reason (he loves a roll) so it always represents some kind of day trip and is quite exciting. Mine is usually a morning roll with basic vegan ham, lettuce and tomato filling. Banana, nakd bar and can of Diet Coke. Ideally eaten in the car, pulled over, windows open and looking at a nice view, please.

1 Like

Someone I was with bought some sushi while doing that and it was all a little bit much for me and I kept saying “it’s not right eating sushi at this time”

I have a packed lunch every day because I’m not a reckless billionaire.

4 Likes

Paxo stuffing sandwich please with more butter than you think acceptable.
s&v squares seem like a solid lunch box crisp
Raspberries please, might as well get my kicks (sure being genuinely turned on by raspberries is totally normal?)
A Lidl’s own madeleine and a finger of Mister Choc hazelnut
LIpton peach ice tea, the only bottled drink I’m happy with

2 Likes

Eating sushi at any time gets my full support

Tuna mayo and cucumber sandwich on thick white farmhouse bread.
Walkers salt & vinegar.
San pelligrino blood orange.
Raspberries.
Twix.

Done.

1 Like

Tuna, mayonnaise LOTS of pepper, spring onion and cucumber, lettuce on wholemeal bread. Cut into two or four triangles.

A wee pot of pecan nuts, black chocolate chunks and cranberries to snack on.

OR a biscuit of some sort.

Maybe a yoghurt, peach, raspberry preferably. Some berries to pop in.

A flavoured water.

1 Like

Pastrami, pickles, yellow mustard, sauerkraut on that nice rye bread the better half makes
OR
Roast beef, horseradish, shredded lettuce on a big soft white roll
Satsuma
Little pot of pistachios
Coke Zero if there’s a way to keep it cold, water otherwise.

1 Like

Some really lovely suggestions in here, thanks folks

2 Likes