What series are you into on Netflix?

1 Like

fucking hell. could also go in the rolling descent into fascism thread tbh.

also as people BTL have pointed out young gaten is gonna get a shock when the curse of the child actor hits after stranger things ends. kid do better they might be pranking you in 5 years time.

Just had a look through your list on Netflix, but unfortunately Cowboy Bebop isn’t there anymore.

I’ve added the rest of your list to my save list to watch later. Apart from Garden Of Words - I got that as a present a while ago and thought it was just so dull. Not sure I even finished it!
One Punch Man sounds very good from the synopsis though!

Can’t remember what anime I’ve watched on Netflix, other than Attack On Titan which I really enjoyed.

1 Like

Just had a look to see what’s there and it’s a shockingly bad selection unfortunately. Real shame.

Echoing @kiyonemakibi Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is the only one I can recommend without any reservations, and imo is better to watch with the English dub.

Honestly can’t really remember Samurai Champloo but it’s probably fine?

Death Note is absolutely shocking when it comes to female characters (all two of them) and there’s a fairly major quality drop off, but is still definitely worth watching. My best friend and I were obsessed with it at secondary school, so it admittedly does have nostalgia value for me.

Code Geass falls into every negative anime trope around, and the premise is frankly very offensive, but it can be quite fun and I did enjoy watching it at the time. Might (almost certainly would) struggle to get past the negatives now I’m older / less stupid though. And the second season isn’t up, strangely.

Ah,I had watched Death Note a while ago, but got a bit annoyed with it after five or so episodes and then just skipped to the last episode or two to see the ending.

Ooh, one series I really loved he as rs ago is Paranoia Agent, although unfortunately it doesn’t seem to be on Netflix.

Isabella Rossellini as a hooting owl makes me so happy

Watched the first part of When They See Us and it was so heart wrenching I’m not sure I can go on

2 Likes

Pacey from Dawson’s Creek is in it and it’s thrown me a bit

yeah i made it to the bit when they’re interrogating/stitching up the kids in when they see us and i had to turn it off. fucking pigs.

My sister has just given me her netflix password so I’m going to close my account, but going onto a blank profile and losing all my personalisation is so jarring! All the suggestions are for Paw Patrol, Peppa Pig, Boss Baby, Hey Duggee etc., which I literally never saw on my old one.
Is there a way to make it not suggest kids’ programmes - aside from build up a year of viewing history? I’ve googled it but all the results think you’re trying to do the opposite and hide anything that’s inappropriate for kids.

Seriously Isabella Rossellini going hoot hoot hoot is really nice.

Tuca and Bertie is really good, the animation has really taken on a life of its own. The immediate comparisons to Bojack seem quite far away now, with the cool stuff it’s doing

Not a series but I Am Mother is quite good

Finished it. That last episode was a real kicker, yer man out of Moonlight was so good.

3 Likes

Sounds like your profile might be set to kids mode.

Maaaate they’ve just added Neon Genesis Evangelion!

It’s like the late 90s Big Ideas mecha show created by someone having a breakdown. Deep state conspiracies, the end of the world, personal demons, literal demons, buckets of angst, an incredibly controversial finale. I’m absolutely stoked about getting stuck back in.

Tedious stuff if anyone unfamiliar does watch it - there is a TV series (26 episodes), and two movies (Death, and The End of Evangelion). The TV series tells the complete story. The ending was super controversial, with the creator allegedly getting death threats. So they had another go with the movies - Death is a recap film, The End of Evangelion replaces the last two episodes of the TV show with a new finale. It didn’t prove to be any less controversial though, it’s one of the most batshit things I’ve ever seen (and incredibly violent, too).

Well excited about rewatching this. Was completely obsessed with it when I was 17/18.

4 Likes

I love how Hideaki Anno’s response to people getting mad over the last two episodes of Evangelionwas to basically say ‘OK, I’ll give you another ending’ and then making a batshit even more horribly depressing than the series film which begins with the protagonist who so many of the fanbase identified with wanking over a comatose girl. It’s one of the most hilarious ‘fuck you’ responses ever.

2 Likes

“You nerds want some action, do you?”

“How about a long sequence where hundreds of people are extra-judicially executed while screaming? Or one where a favourite character is torn limb from limb?

It really seems completely normal that he went on to make a Godzilla film that was 90% scenes of civil servants trying to avoid doing anything.