What series are you into on Netflix?

Finished my second full watch-through of Mad Men last night and I think it just confirmed it’s my favourite show of all time. I cried all the way through the last episode AGAIN :cry:

7 Likes

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand now I’m going to re-watch Friday Night Lights.

1 Like

Really? That came out of nowhere.

Thought it was out next year myself.

I think the first series has received another promotional push over the last month, but no sign of a second series yet.

I’ve been watching The End of the Fucking W***d as well, like some others upthread. I was confused about Netflix claiming it as an original, when finding out it had already been on All4 but I suppose at least that means (a) people will actually find out it exists, and (b) said people won’t have to watch five minutes of adverts before the app crashes meaning they end up watching more minutes of adverts than the actual programme

(exhales)

Enjoying it so far; reminds me of Sightseers (note the presence of Steve Oram) and Submarine (note the shared Wes Anderson influence)

Two films that came to mind when I was watching it as well.

I enjoyed it a lot.

1 Like

Is it on UK Netflix or am I going to have to watch it with adverts on 4OD/ALL4/Whatever they’ve rebranded it as now.

1 Like

It’s on Nertflix worldwide, so yes

1 Like

Couldn’t find it on the PS4 earlier for some reason. Started watching it. It’s really good!

Lynn’s just turned up working in a petrol station.

3 Likes

Imagine my surprise when I found out this was just the first series showing up on the front page of iPlayer for some reason. I’d apologise for getting your hopes up, but really I’m just as much a victim as you are.

1 Like

HOODWINKING US AND WITH PUBLIC FUNDS NO LESS

can’t wait for the Daily Mail to contact me for a quote

1 Like

Inadvertantly watched the first two series of Lovesick last night.

It’s not exactly high-brow and intellectually demanding, but in 23-25 minute bites, one or two genuine moments of lol other moments of tenderness and plenty of heartbreak made for a fair evening’s viewing.

Not enough of Johnny Flynn singing the theme to Detectorists though.

The Good Place is very good.

5 Likes

Just finished hate watching Manhunter. Sam Worthington channeling his inner a beautiful mind Russell Crowe. Doing that whole weird jittery thing. And as for that accent!! Woah.

Started watching “Godless”

Report back. I watched the whole thing.

Anyone seen Hinterland?

Yep. V good. Solid Welsh bleakness

1 Like

Started watching the Detectorists. Looking forward to this being the accompaniment to quiet weekend evenings and lunch, pal