What series are you into on Netflix?

i’m restarting fargo. it really is one of my faves from the last few years. beautifully shot, nice interplay of coen dark comedy and lynchian supernatural stuff, stellar performances. martin freeman is such a good shit, bbt is basically the devil isn’t he. can’t wait for the second series, that is probably my favourite narrative work in a long time. season 3 mixed bag, but the cast hold it together really really well. but for now i’m still on S1 E4, and boy is it getting darker by the second.

chris rock confirmed for S4, shooting to begin this time next year. 1950s setting. hooray!

6 Likes

looking forward to S4, mainly because S3 was such a letdown and it’d be good to move past that.

S1 and S2 were incredible. Some of my favourite telly and maybe time for a rewatch…

aces

1 Like

even my dad, who hates “daft arty shit”, lol’d in appreciation at the fish and the UFO.

3 is a grower, i really didn’t care at all when i first watched but a 2nd viewing helped me appreciate it more. MEW is amazing, i love how her character develops.

1 Like

sounds good, might rewatch the whole thing once BCS finishes

1 Like

oh god, i forgot about linda :pensive:

“what i love most are the fountains. also you can gamble at the airport.”

RIP linda :cry:

bit of a guilty pleasure but i’m binge watching Mad Men

1 Like

How come you’d consider Mad Men as a guilty pleasure? It’s consistently brilliant throughout it’s seven seasons…

6 Likes

I mean it has some definitely weak spots in the middle seasons when Don cheats for the twentieth time with someone half his age. I know the idea is “show don’t tell”, but you don’t really need to show anything that often

AV is ok but it relies on the same tenuous comedic premise all the way through – that some pictures of cocks are inherently hilarious. It wears pretty thin by the end but its still watchable.

1 Like

I get what you mean but I always thought that that was repeatedly shown to capture Don’s constant cycle of self destruction. It does get drilled in a bit but I felt that it paid off with each passing season as it just made it all the sadder.

It’s on Amazon, not Netflix. And it’s not terribly recent but we’ve started watching The Looming Tower, a drama based on story of al-Queda/BIn Laden and the American response.

Watched the first series of Pls Like over the weekend, a BBC3 thing, a mockumentary about someone trying to become a successful YouTuber. Really funny, nails both the vapidity of much of vlogging and of men in their late 20s who are unendingly critical of such things.

Also, bonus points for the episodes bring 13-15 minutes each.

1 Like

interest: piqued

1 Like

save it for Thursday my man

1 Like

i could get into this

The new Paul Greengrass film is out today

4 Likes