What series are you into on Netflix?

I have been similarly unmoved.

@grievoustim and @weeber are completely correct when they say it really picks up with episode 5.

The first three episodes are absolutely nothingy and could have been contracted to a single episode The fourth is markedly better, because Luke’s story is more compelling and he’s possibly a better actor than the other adults, but still doesn’t elevate the show above average tv.

The kids peformances are pretty good but most of the adults are fairly blah and the direction is mostly prettly pedestrian. There’s some really hamfisted moments along the way. The way the camera lingers on the star mug in episode 4, Jesus.

The fifth episode wipes the floor with the rest so far but If I wasn’t watching it with my housemate I’d have definitely given up before I got to it.

Unless it ends stormingly I will bow out of any future seasons.

Not Netflix but Amazon Prime. I started HOMECOMING yesterday. Pretty good and stylish.

2 Likes

It’s real-life American Vandal!

1 Like

Ita a new story, preferring it to the first series so far. I doubt it will have a moment to top the sisterly affection moment from s1 though

Anyone watching The Innocents ? I’m only two into it. Quite good so far.

1 Like

It was alright. Started off really well but I lost interest after about 5 episodes.

Altered Carbon really is balls isn’t it?? I’ve tried a number of times to crack into this show but i get about 1.5 episodes in and just can’t take it anymore!

1 Like

Started Seven Seconds (which appears to have Jonathan Demme’s last ever directing job as episode 2) and it’s…okay?

Trying to be a bit The Wire and a bit The Shield but it’s completely failed to make the cops side of the equation compelling characters who you can feel anything much for. However Clare-Hope Ashitey and Michael Mosley are compelling.

that’s another one that falls into my Netflix graveyard of ‘watched 1 or two eps and then forgot/coudln’t be bothered’

looking at that ‘Continue watching’ part of Netflix it is littered with these shows for me

1 Like

Standard really. We’ve watched 3 and because there are only 10 and Netflix confirmed it’s a one-off we’ll likely finish.

Ozark is an unfinished one for us. Three episodes of utter boredom so we sacked it off.

We persevered with Ozarks, pretty slow and ham-fisted with the violence - but I like where it went in season 2

it’s nothing ground-breaking or anything, but I enjoyed it

I think it just felt too much like a show created by committee or even ‘bot’ using other successful TV genre shows, despite a cast we liked.

Don’t make me tap the sign, tricksy.

1 Like

New She-Ra is on. It seems pretty good so far. My daughter hasn’t got bored yet, which is a good sign. I guess @anon45164313 might be interested in seeing if it’ll get mini-Scout back into TV?

1 Like

Ah yes Dr Sweet haha. Fucking dead ringer.

All new cast though, so no Eva Green :frowning:

Thanks. I’ll check this out!

I’ll tell you what not to watch - Westside. It’s like XFactor or something through the set up of Glee or Made in Chelsea. Watched 2 episodes and binned it off.

4 Likes

is there a way to get an amazon subscription without giving money to amazon?
might switch from netflix when i finish mad men. sorry netflix