What series are you into on Netflix?

Most audaciously long cold open in a first episode I’ve ever seen

1 Like

I might need to rewatch it actually. I remember I resented it bc it was being binge watched when I, on my own, would’ve preferred spacing it out a bit.

Didn’t help that it takes advantage of crazy variable episode lengths more than any other show

Guys the Marie Kondo show is now on Netflix

1 Like

I enjoyed the handmaids tale but fuck me its pretty heavy going at points.
Always had to put something daft and funny on afterwards

1 Like

Binned it off midway through season 2. I mean it’s good but fuck that.

:joy::grinning::+1:

1 Like

Yeah we got about half way the through season 2. Not fussed about going back to it.

1 Like

anyone watched Out Of Thin Air? Tempted to watch it but reckon it’s gonna be a 6.8/10.

Lots of plotholes indeed.

Also, were you not troubled that the show depicts a stalker who only wants good things for the object of his attention? Who isn’t actually controlling?

I’m watching it kind of aghast that more people aren’t questioning it’s motivation and the message it’s sending. This really isn’t how stalkers think.

#notallstalkers

1 Like

Well, the obvious one is to make money. But thereafter I’m at a loss.

The decision to portray a stalker so bizarrely at a time like this seems amazing to me.

I’m glad you can see there’s some lack of responsibility on display. I’ve been starting to think that I’m way out on a limb.

They might not have intended it but I believe that in some ways it’s quite possible to sympathise with him. He’s really kind to the kid and in many ways he wants what’s best for Beck. The fact that he’s prepared to accept the break up paints him as a kind of stalker that has probably never existed.

Yes, he kills people but they’re kind of dreadful and I can see some people actually forgiving him those deeds because his motivations are perversely decent.

I’m keen for more people to watch this to see if they find it as weirdly out of step as I do.

Been watching a program about a Japanese lady going to peoples’ houses and tidying up

1 Like

She’s wonderful.

Are you enjoying it?

Her book kind of changed my life (a bit).

It’s nice. I only watched one episode so far.

Can you expand on your second point? Genuinely interested in the whole mindfulness living with less philosophy

“thank you jumper for serving me”

I’m saying thank you to a lot of clothes I’m too fat to fit in now tonight

1 Like

The lady is called Marie Kondo, think it’s just Marie Kondo Tidies Up or something

1 Like

For sure. Although she’s obviously a very eccentric character I found her methods and philosophy to be tremendously appealing and to make a lot of sense.

I was lent her first book " The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying: A simple, effective way to banish clutter forever" by a friend and was entirely seduced by it. I followed her instructions pretty much to the T. Dealt with my possessions by category, not location; gathered them together all in one go rather than doing it piecemeal. And really thought about the process.

It takes discipline for certain and I can’t say, hand on heart, that I absolutely need or love everything I own currently but I do have much less, and I think that I appreciate what I have much more.

It really makes you consider what the essence of an item is. Its value to you and to the world. I found it very freeing to realise that the value of a gift is in the giving and the accepting, not in the keeping of it. And that the purpose of a book is to be read, not to signal to the world that the owner has read it (although I’d also been thinking along those lines long before I read Kondo).

It makes getting rid of stuff an absolute pleasure and for that reason I recommend it to you wholeheartedly.

2 Likes