What series are you into on Netflix?

I’m gutted theres only 1 episode in season 3 until autumn. It filled the Rick and morty shaped hole perfectly but now its over I have a big mouth hole.

so i’m into hannibal now. once you realise it is not silence of the lambs: the tv show, you can just appreciate it for what it is. you have to accept that none of this would ever happen in real life, and that is fine. all psychologists and FBI agents are so smart they are practically psychic, and all serial killers stage crime scenes like art installations and know at least one type of kung fu.

also is it wrong that i’m always interested in how hannibal prepares his meals.

They make it all look so glossy and beautiful. If you’re not up to season 2 yet you’re in for a treat: one of the best seasons of all time, of any show.

1 Like

i am midway thru season 2, it is great. even will is good now. hannibal is such a pretentious dickhead but also fascinating with it. larry fish is so balla.

It’s great. Shame it was cancelled before they could do their The Silence of the Lambs season!

1 Like

Me too!

Approaching the end of series 1, loving how daft and gothic it is

1 Like

I listened to the original podcast, which was very compelling. But the photos for the Netflix show looked pretty cheesy.

I still haven’t recovered from the dancing scene in the cafeteria in the last episode. The most bafflingly awful scene in TV history. Think I’ll pass on this.

Started watching Abducted in Plain Sight but it was trash

It’s fine, cheesy but the true story aspect of it kept me watching

Prob wouldn’t bother If I already knew the story though - I notice Netflix have a documentary about it all now as well

this might be bullshit but I read somewhere that netflix tries to do this on purpose with some of its original shows so that they won’t be dated to a particular time and people will still be interested in streaming it in decades to come

1 Like

wish I hadn’t read that Russian Doll is a time loop thing, I’m an absolute sucker for that stuff and there’s just too much tv maaaaaan

it’s not too big a time commitment really

Started watching the US version of Shameless and finding it pretty watchable so far, half way through series 3. It seems to be getting more weird as it goes on with some pretty outrageous story lines developing, not sure how that compares to the original UK version (only seen the odd episode). There’s 9 seasons though, not sure if it’ll stay interesting for that long tbh, but good for something mindless and easy for now.

The makers of GLOW won’t be happy about that!

that’s very much a period piece though isn’t it, like Stranger Things, and also it’s based on a real life thing

the ‘anachronistic setting’ thing seems to be kind of a trendy style choice anyway outside of Netflix, see Archer and Legion for example

it’s so goddamned intense, i love it.

1 Like

was it those tim burton batman films that created that style? like they had computers and lasers but everyone dressed in 50s clothes and all the cars were oldsmobiles etc.

that sounds like the phantom, dick tracy and something else I can’t put my finger on

1 Like