What series are you into on Netflix?

Finished Season 6 of Homeland last night.

It gets so tropey towards the end (maybe it always was and I just didn’t notice it) and I found the u-turn by the new president in the finale so obnoxious. A real case of, “well there’s nowhere else to go with this but they want more seasons so how about the President flips?”

I can quite happily pretend the show ends there or maybe even at the end of Season 5.

1 Like

The assassination of Gianni Versace was loads better than the OJ one.

My TV has been binging on Call my Agent/Dix Pour Cent this the last week or so, it is indeed quite enjoyable

For anyone else interested it’s a French comedy drama series based around a Parisian acting agency. It’s pretty sharp

1 Like

Don’t know why they didn’t just call it 10 percent though.

I think it’s maybe because in the US agents get 15%

1 Like

Watched all of these in a couple of sittings, as others have said they really vary in quality but a few are really excellent.

I started with episode 2 as I liked the sound of it and I’m glad I did as it’s one of the best ones, whereas I thought episode 1 was pretty bad, overly deliberately lurid (which is a fault of many of them) as if to say “ooh we’re an 18 cert, better chuck in a fuck every second word and some animated tits and arse”.

The good ones are so good though I have no doubt I will watch them again, after all they’re only 20 mins long at most.

2 Likes

I’m a few episodes in, just as daft as the first one. It’s a weird one cause I really enjoy it but I would be far too embarrassed to recommend it to anyone – humiliated even.

The ending of season 1 – Absolutely hilarious. The moment they jumped up and started doing the movements I was doubled over laughing, tears of pure mirth streaming down my face.

3 Likes

Netflix must be stopped!

2 Likes

Not Netflix but Barry is so good

3 Likes

All series of Men Behaving Badly now on Netflix including the Harry Enfield one. Knock yourselves out.

4 Likes

Oh wow, genuinely intrigued about seeing the first series

Martin Clunes was really brilliant in Manhunt earlier this year.

The ending of OA series 2

whoa

2 Likes

have started watching vikings on amazon. 3 eps in. It’s a nice slow burn show. lovely ambience. enjoy the characters and the vistas look incredible.

Don’t bother.

update on this; while season 3 has its moments and charm it’s a real drop off in quality from seasons 1 & 2

just so you know

i like vikings. i am learning while i am entertained, a win win for this viewer

the early seasons are great fun. goes downhill a lot after season 4 but is still pretty watchable

1 Like

Anyone know if this ‘Friends’ thing is any good?

3 Likes

Just finished watching Quicksand, Swedish drama about a girl who is accused of carrying out a school shooting. Well made, good use of flashbacks, well worth watching

1 Like