What series are you into on Netflix?

what i like the most about vikings is how the gods and faith are very real to the people in this world and inform crucial plot developments and decisions they make. normally they put in one or two people who have modern sensibilities don’t they, to make the audience feel reassured, and it’s always shit. just seen the king of northumbria arguing with his advisors about whether god or the devil has cursed them. all real to them isnt it. loved it. so interesting.

1 Like

This could be the post that finally gets me watching this program

3 Likes

episode 8 of season 1. i like the priest, his inner conflict is very compelling

would really recommend, the pacing is a bit odd but the atmosphere is terrific. can’t believe i put off watching it for so long.

1 Like

The first two episodes of the sketch show I Think You Should Leave Now have absolutely done me, will probably storm through the remaining four. Quite incredibly extreme silliness which is all I need in the world.

3 Likes
1 Like

watched the first ep of tyrant, easily the most interesting idea ive seen for a tv show in ages. sopranos meets the iraq war i guess. only problem is they fuck it up about as badly as you could. terrible writing and acting. awful storytelling. what a waste of potential. in the bin.

also it’s pretty fucking racist, which goes without saying i guess

Thought ‘The Rain’ was pretty good without being essential, i’ll give the 2nd season a go. ‘Snowpiercer’ is a cracking film, bit of a lost gem.

There is a sketch in the third episode of this about a car focus group which I think is genuinely one of the funniest things I have ever seen.

Watched the first couple, there’s been some really good bits (and some less good, but that’s like all sketch shows), think episode one opened on the best sketch so far though.

Almost excited about this coming back. (I don’t really get excited much these days, to clarify).

This was such a wonderful series though they really scared me with the ending. I’m not sure I need another dystopian future narrative, but we’ll see.

Watched the whole of Bojack in probably 2 weeks. Good but needs more Vincent Adultman

1 Like

I didn’t enjoy this at all. :frowning:

I think my brain simply isn’t good enough. I was constantly wondering who everyone was, which time period they were originally from, who they were related to, etc. So watching it was a memory test, not entertainment.

When they introduced another time period at the end, I was exhausted.

1 Like

I had to use this when I watched it

Nz2kqVS_d

3 Likes

It was certainly challenging. I remember pausing the show once or twice and checking that I had a proper grasp of who we were watching and when. I found that exciting though.

Each to their own, of course. But for me this was the best tv of last year.

1 Like

Each to their own indeed and I’m glad you enjoyed it.

You got me wondering what my fave TV of last year was. I think it was either s4 of The Bridge or Glow.

I didn’t go beyond S2 of The Bridge. Couldn’t face life without Martin.

He was missed, for sure, but Saga is amazing.

1 Like

Occasionally someone will recommend The Tunnel to me, telling me how good the characters are. Hard not to feel like a smug prick sometimes, right?

1 Like