What Skills Do You Wish You Had?

To be able to play football to a high professional standard

2 Likes

Any really.

But main ones - play musical instruments/sing, draw/general art ability, learn foreign languages competently.

2 Likes

Normal levels of sertraline and dopamine production. Fucking imagine.

8 Likes

Oh don’t even, that would be amazing. Add the ability to actually focus on tasks and I’d be away!

3 Likes

Wish I was good at posting and starting threads on DiS

4 Likes

Sewing and making clothes in general

I learned to knit in the last lockdown and sometimes I look at the cardigan I made or the woolly headband I wear all the time now and can’t believe I did that with what is essentially one really long piece of string, imagine what you could do with fabric that’s already fabric!

5 Likes

Doing moderately difficult DIY tasks like replacing a tap or putting up a fence. Damn that would be sexy.

3 Likes

Would 100% sell the soul to sing. Like Luther Vandross in Never Too Much specifically. I’d be really annoying though, I’d never stop

DJing too, but I’m confident I could pick that up if I ever just got around to buying the decks

3 Likes

Singing and language skills, so bad at both

2 Likes

Also the skill of discipline, what a skill

5 Likes

I wish I was way better at making/altering clothes and doing makeup than I actually am. Also being able to dance at all would be v rad.

I could be a tiktok star, doing some shit hot dance in killer makeup and an outfit I made. But alas.

2 Likes

I wish I wasn’t such an introvert around people I don’t know. Once I know people I’m fine, but my subconcious goes into a mode where I don’t want to get on the wrong side of people I don’t know, which ends up translating to inoffensive forgettableness

4 Likes

Violin
I might finally take this up around my birthday actually.

5 Likes

Whistle

1 Like

Writing code

2 Likes

Charm, even a small bit

3 Likes

I wish I’d kept up with languages and all forms of needlework. Calligraphy would be nice, too.

1 Like

I’m hoarding caster sugar, regional honeys, and maple syrup.

3 Likes

Is it feasible to learn this? My daughter is itching to and I can’t describe how to do it

1 Like

Drawing (I am so bad at this, no style)
Good handwriting (can this be improved? I would try)
Electronics
Woodwork.
Piano and or cello

Reasonable at most other things I want to be able to do I think?

2 Likes