What targeted articles do you get on Google?

Posts like this make @sean cry :cry:

1 Like

Right now

Then more football, some vegetarian recipes and a line of duty article.

If you make a regular donation I can upgrade you to level 3 which is ad-feee.

1 Like

Same here.

I also get them trying to recommend Alex Jones’ lunatic shit to me, despite never having clicked on anything to do with the prick and removing it every time it appears.

1 Like

The Sun Strictly gossip
Road updates for the Pacific highway
NHS waiting times Daily Mail article
Washington Post article about Yosemite hiking
Sun article about fitness trackers not being trustworthy
Results from a clinical trial for colorectal cancer vaccine
Daily Star article about how Aldi is cheapest for supermarket flowers

Pretty much on trend

Does he?

@bugduv I do get targeted articles: they appear as alerts on my Android phone. They’re actually always about geeky things and often interest me. Although right now they’re all about Endgame which I’ve not seen so I’m sliding them out while trying to see zero spoilers.

I do make a regular donation and am currently neither ad free nor in the lounge :unamused:

You are now.

2 Likes

These

1 Like

I mean the targeted articles under the search, yeah, not the relentless sexist ads on the articles “YOU WOULDN’T BELIEVE WHAT SHE WORE TO THE SUPERMARKET” or “LOOK WHAT THIS FIFTY YEAR OLD CELEB STAR LOOKS LIKE NOW” (thirty years after she was twenty).

Lingerie :thinking:

100% football, though I had to stop it from showing me death notices of random people from rip.ie which really freaked me out

2 Likes

I make a regular donation and have no idea if this place is serving ads or not. Because the internet is unusable without adblock and whitelisting is a hassle I can’t be arsed with.

Eh? In the pull-down-from-the-top-of-the-screen-area? From what app? None for me, Clive. What a world.

QUACK!

ooft

From Google

On that Google Assistant thing, my top 3 are Wolves, ‘Football’ news in general and then some aviation news in Polish for reasons that will remain a mystery to me.

Fair enough.

I’ve never used the Google app and just stick to a browser instead.

It’s pretty baked into Android. I think it comes through Chrome TBH but I’m not sure.

I also get Arsenal match updates from all the times I checked if they were playing at home when I lived there.

I am slightly LOL @ you acting like it’s a revelation that social media does the stuff that you completely avoid it on account of ; )