"What the fuck is going on in here!?"

This is a thread to discuss times you’ve entered a room and either thought or actually said “What the fuck is going on in here!?”

Anecdotes about the thing that prompted the thought are very welcome but if you just want to talk about the thought/saying of the phrase itself that’s fine as well.

That thing that just happened just now?

Opened a door at a house party once to see three separate couples copping off while a friend of mine sat on the floor in the middle of the room on his own.
Immediately backed away and closed the door

This is the sort of thing this thread is for, thank you.

He had a bong next to him, dont know if thats relevant

It adds to the picture that you painted

When I was 17 we used to practice on Saturday nights in a seperate building (was a barn I guess). Our drummer was the son of a very wealthy man who owned a country house and pub nearby. Tennis courts, swimming pool in a conservatory, that type of thing.

Walked in to get something, and there were maybe 20 couples and their car keys were in the middle of the table in a bowl. Thought, “This is fucking weird” then got what I needed and left. Not without being pawed at by a drunk middle aged lady.

I now understand what was happening.

Do go on…

one boxing day when I was about 11 I came downstairs to see my uncle holding my dad above his head and my cousin trying to draw around my dad’s outline on the ceiling of our front room.

Ridiculous/funny family stories

Walked in on my boss once, trousers fully down, tucking his shirt properly into his crusty y-fronts. He didn’t bat an eyelid, just casually asked ‘What’s up, mate?’.

Oh if we’re doing that I was in a house party on Saturday, opened a door to see my flatmate in a glittery purple wig putting a sausage dog in a jumper.
It’s name was Cooper.

Absolutely completely done.

Would you typically say you were “in a party” rather than “at a party” Ruffers?

Walked into a kitchen to see 7 people crowded round the microwave, wondering what would happen to the orange they’d put in there.

The answer is b) magic mushrooms

Starbucks, Victoria Station, 10.45am, 3rd August 2015

Some parties you’re definitely more inside than others

Can think of one where I was in a room and thought ‘if some comes in now they’ll wonder what the fuck is going on’?
Is this acceptable @Antpocalypsenow ?

I haven’t been at a house party for a very long time, don’t think I could ever say that I’ve been in one.

If you can write it from the hypothetical point of view of someone entering the room it would be great, thanks

I think they were playing the famous “Guess whos car keys these are”! game.

We have rather more gentle fun in the midlands than you Londoners.