What tier of money would this question be worth in WWTBAM?

A thread to pose trivia questions with four possible answers, that we can then rate on their difficulty according to the scale laid out by Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?

Shaving brushes are traditionally made with the hair of which animal?

a) Fox
b) Badger
c) Squirrel
d) Hare

• £100 - £1,000
  • £2,000 - £16,000
  • £32,000
  • £64,000
  • £125,000 - £500,000
  • £1,000,000

0 voters

Obvious anything up to a £1,000 is a gimme, up to £16,000 is fair but straightforward, £32,000 is a challenge because it locks in safe money, £64,000 is harder because most people get stuck there, up to £500,000 is a real challenge, and £1,000,000 while probably not significantly harder than the preceding ones, gets it’s own tier just because.

Please feel free to pose your own questions and ask users what tier they should be in.

And remember… they’re only easy if you know the answer!

1 Like

Welcome the fuck back Hygsy. This is an absolute blinder.

1 Like

When I thought it up I genuinely thought “I bet Tone will get a kick out of that”.

3 Likes

You thought right, pal!

(Incidentally, spent about two and a half hours in the pub with my pals yesterday where we were playing a modified version of Trivial Pursuits where you had to get an entire card correct to win. I won)

2 Likes

that’s a 32 grander no doubt, one someone properly chin strokes about and uses their last lifeline ringing Fred who says hairbrush hairs are made of obsidian and hangs up

1 Like

I personally pegged it at about £4k, seems like something that would be fairly widely known? You’re right about the lifeline thing though.

1 Like

£16 I reckon. Borderline £32.

Definitely nothing higher than that.

2 Likes

What’s the answer?

That’s not what we’re discussing here!

Badger

I dont think any of my friends would know either
Am i allowed to phone my dad

:smiley:

best thing by far about Millionaires (as we all called it at the time) was when some lifeline-jerk would ask them to repeat the question (twice), then go silent. Then say: ‘Ok, I’m pretty sure its…’ and then the line would be cut off.

3 Likes

I was just about to say is it in the rules that you have to read it fully? I’d cut two off to save time, I mean it’s obviously not fucking fox

1 Like

£4k, max. Anyone who doesn’t get that without lifelines isn’t getting to £32k.

2 Likes

Boy in my school went and won a bunch of money on this when we were still in sixth form. He bought a house across the road from my mum’s.

I don’t like him.

1 Like

Not saying you should burn his house down, but…

If you know about badger hair shavers you’re a tory

3 Likes

Which popular dogs name derives from the Latin word for “Faithful”

a) Rex
b) Rover
c) Fido
d) Spot

• £100 - £1000
  • £2000 - £16,000
  • £32,000
  • £64,000
  • £125,000 - £500,000
  • £1,000,000

0 voters

1 Like

If you’ve ever seen one they’re black and white.

ask the audience time!

a.) 15%
b.) 21%
c.) 56%
d.) 8%

thanks guys

2 Likes