What time do you generally stop working? (OFFICE WORKERS/POLL)

y’know, just give up the ghost and commit to browsing the internet uninterrupted until home time.

• Unemployed
  • 10:00
  • 11:00
  • 12:00
  • 13:00
  • 14:00
  • 15:00
  • 16:00
  • 17:00
  • 18:00
  • 19:00
  • 20:00

0 voters

Depends.

Depends doesn’t it.

Even though we’re supposed to be here until 5.30, we literally have nothing to do after about 4-4.15pm. Just a case of sitting and winding the clock down. Boss usually lets us go at about 5. The extra hour of sitting around doing fuck all does my nut in.

I am actually probably most productive at the end of the day, when DiS has tailed off and I have a growing sense of panic about being to account for my day’s activity should my boss inquire.

1 Like

I don’t even start some days.

12 Likes

I’m best at about 10-11.30, then useless waste of space, then flurry of activity from about four until I get hungry.

@Epimer @plasticniki yes, of course. but i’m talking about when you don’t have immediate items to address and are able to put off things until another time even though you should probably be productive in some form or other.

I’ve got into the habit of taking the piss a bit too much, by which I mean arrive at 10, take two hours at lunch and then go home on the dot of 5 every day. And in the meantime doing nothing but browse the web and look at what you lot are writing.

I’d already realised that was unsustainable, even if I was also doing the work, but my resolve was enhanced further when I went in the bogs the other day and saw a printout of our HR processes on timekeeping policies that someone had left next to the sink.

Still depends.

on what?

had to round it up to 18.00

shit poll

The type of tasks I’ve got lined up (changes from day to day), current level of tiredness/motivation/hunger, if anyone’s made a post on here that I can “hilariously” misinterpret, etc.

SOME office workers do nightshift you idiot

night shift workers can make their own poll.

You’re assuming I ever START working.

Eh over Christmas I would check out at about 2pm and just post here. But now im busy again it’ll be the odd 10mins here or there.

was your name on it?

Nah. To be honest I doubt it was my boss’s printout. He basically knows that I get the job done. It focussed my attention a bit though, and probably everybody else on the floor who’d gone to the bog for a quick flick through their phone.