What TV show are you currently watching?

balonz
tv

Just finished rewatching the first season of True Detective. Still love it, even though it’s female characters are problematic and there aren’t quite as many high points in the last two or three episodes.

Can’t think of a greater dip in quality between seasons than with True Detective. I really want to give the second another try, but it did almost everything wrong. The dialogue wouldn’t have made it out of most creative writing workshops.

Started watching a series on Netflix called Nobel. It’s basically a Norwegian version of Homeland. It’s started very good.

yep also watching this. 2 episodes in. S’good so far.

Recently endured Designated Survivor.
Utter pap, terrible script, contrived characters and predictable story, but we had to see it to the end (it’s shite). The premise for it should be good but it’s like if ITV made a version of the West Wing. 1/10 don’t waste your time

Just started watching Bloodline.

I’ve watched a couple more today, it is gripping stuff. Really very good.

absolutely love Baskets
for some reason i regularly think about the bit where she takes home a coyote thinking it’s a dog

Watched the last episode of Lemony Snicket with the kids last night.

Absolutely love stuff. With Don Johnson and Rhys Darby!

Kids don’t know how lucky they are. I mean for telly, not being born into a hellish dystopia. Sorry about that kids.

My kids have watched the whole series over the weekend with just the last half of the last one to finish tonight.

Count Olaf as a woman is my favourite

We did have some screaming nightmares last night though…

Other than that me and Mr S watched Ride with Norman Reedus (Darryl in WD) in the last few weeks, is pretty good think Palin does American railroads but on a motorbike with lots of recognition and sitting around smoking and drinking with hot girls and guys all like this is the life. Does look pretty sweet tbh

Keep trying to suggest the AO next.

Homeland is back and all so there’s that, mostly fall asleep in it though

Backstrom
Dwight Schrute is Gritty Cop
Well, I say ‘watching’, it’s on whilst I do stuff. It could be good, no idea.

Watched the first two episodes of Baskets season 2 last night and I’m pleased to report that it’s still excellent.

The montage of Chip trying to open the tin in the first episode made me giggle like an idiot.

Zach Galifianakis is so skilled with physical comedy! I loved try to guess in the second episode when he would fall over in his skates after asking Penelope to the rodeo :grinning:

He really, really is. It’s perfect, there’s just this superb broad physical comedy in the midst of this beautifully shot, melancholy show. It’s a real gem.

I know he’s been in some proper stinkers but I still tend to enjoy his performances nevertheless. I feel that Baskets is as much influenced by Louie as it is by say the Three Stooges… Lazy comparisons I know but I’m not sure how much of a hit Some mothers do have 'em was in the States…

nowt at the moment. can’t find anything good. turned off stranger than things after about 35 seconds. turned off backstrom after about 12 seconds, and sneaky pete after about 5.

srating to get quite into community after a slow start

Getting into Episodes, although Tamsin Greig is annoying me which is weird as I usually like her in most stuff

YES Lo-Pan!

Search Party. I gave it a go after a positive write up by Emily Nussbaum in The New Yorker. Watched all 10 episodes in 4 days.

I loved it maybe because I haven’t been over exposed to the lives of 21st century 20-somethings drifting and aimless in New York. As seen in films with Greta Gerwig.

It’s a Scooby Doo mystery without Scooby Doo. Shaggy is living with Velma. Fred is a manipulative narcissist and Daphne wants to be taken seriously as an actor. Unlike Scooby doo, Alia’s character’s actions have consequences.

I’d watch again for the acting as it’s excellent.

Community is brilliant. About two thirds of the way through the first season it jumps up a couple of notches.

I’m just glad we’ve got this archived